• Thank you received: 4
  • Hikashop Essential
5 months 2 weeks ago #356791

-- HikaShop version -- : 5.0.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.10.12
-- PHP version -- : 8.2.12
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Firefox 119.0.1 and others
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : NO PAYMENT METHOD SELECTED

Some customers are receiving a NO PAYMENT METHOD SELECTED error message. The checkout flow starts at the shopping cart. Then the customer logs in as a guest with an email address. The next step is to enter a physical address. When that is complete the customer selects Next to go to the Payment step. At this point they might see the error message.

As far as I can tell the checkout flow is not interrupted with the error message when the site is viewed on a full-width display. Apparently this error occurs only on mobile displays. I can see the problem on my tablet computer (using the Firefox browser). It might be noteworthy that I can also see it in my desktop computer's display if I switch to a simulated mobile display with the web developer tool.

The developer tool's console shows no errors, just two warnings:

This page uses the non standard property “zoom”. Consider using calc() in the relevant property values, or using “transform” along with “transform-origin: 0 0”.

and

Element.setCapture() is deprecated. Use Element.setPointerCapture() instead.

If I pass the address and the payment pages through an HTML validator, two errors are shown:

The width attribute on the table element is obsolete.

and

Element tbody not allowed as child of element table in this context.

I see the error on both our test/staging website and the public website.

The site has received several successful orders through both PayPal Checkout and Square but the mobile display seems problematic.

What steps shall I try next to get this working?

Charles

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13082
5 months 2 weeks ago #356821

Hi,

I tried to look at the issue on your website, but when I get to the payment step, I get the message "No payment methods found":
i.imgur.com/ZKuuvVj.png
Is that this error message you're talking about ?
If so, we have a section of the FAQ you can follow in order to find what is missing:
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/106-faq.html#paym
It's probably a restriction in the payment method.
Otherwise, could you provide a screenshot of the page with the error ?

• Thank you received: 4
  • Hikashop Essential
5 months 2 weeks ago #356823

nicolas wrote: ...we have a section of the FAQ you can follow in order to find what is missing...

Aha! It was number 6 - the list of authorized shipping methods was incomplete. Now the site is working as expected!

Charles
Last edit: 5 months 2 weeks ago by cmb. Reason: Changed the topic icon.

Time to create page: 0.060 seconds