• Thank you received: 5
8 years 8 months ago #212541

-- url of the page with the problem -- : www.cmdnet.org
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.5.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.3
-- PHP version -- : 5.?
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : various
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : none

We have both the core Joomla registration available (on other pages of the site) and the HikaShop registration within the cart. The registration within HS checkout seems to be working - it displays the registration form when needed and appears to create a user account.

However, the (core Joomla) user system is set to require confirmation by the user.

When they register using the core Joomla registration everything works.

If they use the HS registration (in the checkout process) the users never get the user account confirmation email.

All other HS (and Joomla) emails are going out without a problem.

Is there a place where this is specifically controlled?
Or does HS registration even support user confirmation process?
If it doesn't, then how do we reconcile this problem? (we must have users confirm their user account when created).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13081
8 years 8 months ago #212554

Hi,

HikaShop supports the user confirmation process and sends its own email to the customer for it. It is basically a copycat of the Joomla email.
HikaShop sends the email via the Joomla email library.
So if you get the email from Joomla, but not the one from HikaShop, the likely cause is a problem with either the "Email" settings of the HikaShop configuration which are not in accordance to your email server (you would have to contact your hosting company to check that) or you've simply deactivated the "user account" email via the menu System>Emails of HikaShop.

8 years 8 months ago #212647

I just went to the email template for this and found that I could add a BCC address, so I did that and I was able to confirm that the emails ARE being sent out.

However, users aren't getting them, so I'm now trying to track down what is causing them to be flagged as spam (which I'm guessing is the problem now).

If there are any tips on how to improve deliverability of HS emails, please forward me to those.

• Thank you received: 13081
8 years 8 months ago #212651

Hi,

If the problem is that your emails are flagged as spam, then I would recommend that you try :
mail-tester.com/
That will allow you to understand what's wrong with the emails sent by your server.

8 years 8 months ago #212931

Thanks for that link.

We use that as part of the -build-in' system of AcyMailing. Didn't think to use it as stand-alone.

Time to create page: 0.065 seconds