Hikashop registration with chronoforms

• Thank you received: 0
8 years 6 months ago #216008

Hello, Bonjour,

I have a web site using chronoforms for registration and an external application for online marketing (activecampaign).

I just installed Hikashop and would like to have the right intergration.

Basically, the first time the user registers, he just does it via joomla (username, email, password) and that's it.
Whenever he needs to get more info from our site, we ask for details. He can also fill them right after registration if he so wishes. We have his "billing" address from this point on.
All data are automatically forwarded to our online marketing account through Chronoforms to automate the customer's follow-up.

Now that we install Hikashop, the workflow changes: the user can register through hikashop during the checkout process without being registered on our site first.

So, my question is what would be the best way to go?
1) Can we redirect the user to the Chronoform registration? If yes, how can we get the address data in Hikashop?
2) Or should we use Hikashop registration and add code to send the data to activecamapign? In this case where to find the info to do so?
3) Or do you have a better idea?

Thanks in advance for your prompt reply.

Best regards,
Serge

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13071
8 years 6 months ago #216027

Hi,

There is no automatic integration available for that.
So you're left with two options:
- you redirect the customer to the chronoform registration page instead of displaying him the normal registration form of HikaShop. That's actually quite easy to do. Just edit the file "registration" of the view "user" via the menu Display>Views and add such code at the top:

<a href="http://mywebsite.com/link/to/chronoform">Click here to register<a/><?php return; ?>
Then, the customer will register viw chronoform. Of course, if you ask the address in chronoform, the address won't be used automatically by HikaShop and HikaShop will ask again the address to the customer. So you would potentially need to develop a small chronoform plugin to save the address data in the hikashop_address table. In that case, you'll want to contact chonoform for more information on how to build such plugin.
- you keep the HikaShop registration, and develop a small HikaShop plugin in order to save the data of the user where you need.
It's a cleaner workflow for the customers so I would recommend that. Building a HikaShop plugin implementing the onAfterAddressCreate should be quite simple if you're a developer. You can also find our developer documentation here:
www.hikashop.com/support/support/documen...r-documentation.html

• Thank you received: 0
8 years 6 months ago #216119

Thanks for the hints,

Since the interaction with ActiveCampaign is more complex and I have already developed the interface in Chronoforms, I will go for that.

Mereci beaucoup ;)

Time to create page: 0.059 seconds