Transfer hikashop addres from Joomla 3 site to Joomla 5 site

• Thank you received: 0
3 months 6 days ago #358432

-- HikaShop version -- : 5.0.2
-- Joomla version -- : 5.0.2
-- PHP version -- : 8.1
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : chrome 120

Hi need to transfer address data from a site with Joomla 3.9.28 + Hikashop 502+PHP 8.1 to a new site Joomla 502+Hikashop 502+PHP 8.1 .
There's a diference in table hikashop_address between those two site. On the new site hikashop_address has a field address_type that doesn't appear on the Joomla 3 site . They have the same hikashop version.
How do I know from the hikashop_address table on Joomla 3 site which address are billing and which are shipping address?

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13071
3 months 6 days ago #358433

Hi,

Are you sure you're using HikaShop 5.0.2 on your Joomla 3 website ? Because the address_type field should be there if you have the 5.0.2. Otherwise, you would get many errors as this field is now mandatory.

Before adding address_type, an address could be both a billing and a shipping address. Each address has an address_id. And the order_billing_address_id and order_shipping_address_id columns of the hikashop_order point at the address_id of the selected address. So in an order, you know if an address is for the billing or the shipping based on these two columns.

The address_type is used for the selecting the addresses during the checkout. Before, an address would appear both as a billing and as a shipping address candidate. So when you created a new address, it would automatically appear as both a billing and a shipping address. With recent versions of HikaShop, you create either a billing address or a shipping address, and it appears only on the corresponding selector during the checkout. So you can now have different addresses for billing and for shipping linked to your user account.

Now, when you migrate the data, you don't have to be too mindful about all this. If the address_type is empty, HikaShop will display the address as both a billing address and a shipping address. And if the customer changes the address on the billing address selector, then HikaShop will automatically split it into two addresses, a shipping and a billing address.

3 months 6 days ago #358442

Hi

This is what I see in Joomla 3 site

Attachments:

3 months 6 days ago #358444

Hi,

So, are you sure you're using HikaShop 5.0.2 on that website ?
Could you check the version number displayed on the main tab of the HikaShop configuration page ?
If that's the case, please click on the "check database" button.

3 months 3 days ago #358525

Hi

What should I do to transfer hikashop from one site to another?

Should I export first and then import?

Thanks

3 months 3 days ago #358526

Hi,

If you want to transfer a HikaShop from one Joomla to another, I would recommend doing it through PHPMyAdmin and FTP:
www.hikashop.com/forum/import-export-csv...a/343486.html#343525
That will be a lot more complete than just export/import of the products.

Time to create page: 0.075 seconds