Coupon with minimum order value-problem

• Thank you received: 2
7 years 5 months ago #255598

-- url of the page with the problem -- : okosjokolade.no
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.6.4
-- Joomla version -- : 3.6.4

What is it that I don't understand? I want to give away a free product if the total order value is above NOK 800,- I've made a coupon with the specifics shown in the attachment. I understand that the customer first needs to put the product in the basket. Then I want the coupon to autoload. With the current settings nothing happens. When I enter the coupon code there is no discount and no error message. I've tried all the different VAT-settings, and tried way higher (and lower) order values with the same result. Only when the amount of that same products exceeds (a bit more than the) minimum order value, the discount is applied. But the minimum order value should be the value of the total order, right?

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13069
7 years 5 months ago #255611

Hi,

The way you configured that coupon, it will be automatically loaded in the cart if you order for at least 800€ of that product with the id 162. And when it will, it will have the same value as the total amount of the items of the product with the id 162.
So for example, you have a cart with 2 items of the product X with a value of 100, and 5 items of the product 162 with a value of 200 and on the checkout, you'll get a sub total of 2*100+5*200 = 1200, a coupon of the value 1000 and a final total of 200.

When you select a product or a category in a coupon you tell the system to only apply the coupon if that product or a product of that category is in the cart.
And when you do that, the minimum order value is the total amount of the product or the products in that category.

So if you want to base the minimum order value on the total of the order, you should not set any product or category.

What you want to do: "add a free product to the cart above a certain amount" cannot be done with the coupon system. The coupon system allows you to add a discount to the cart based on criteria, not to add products to the cart.

• Thank you received: 2
7 years 5 months ago #255891

OK, I see! Thanks for explaining! I fixed this with installing AwoCoupon Pro which had everything I needed and more.

Time to create page: 0.042 seconds