How to show all discounted products in single category

• Thank you received: 9
6 years 10 months ago #267725

-- HikaShop version -- : Business 2.6.4.
-- Joomla version -- : 3.6.5.

Hello!

I'm making e-shop for client, and I've purchased Hikashop Business - so far so good, and I've mostly found a way to do most of the things that customer wanted for the shop. But I've stumbled across these two things that I couldn't figure out -

1. Customer wants to apply fixed discounts for some products every other week. He does it through Orders>Discounts, and applies fixed sum as discount to individual products, as necessary. Client also have category called "Special offers" where he wants to display all products with discounts at that moment. Following problems arises -

• To show all discounted products in separate category, client is now forced to manually edit each product that he have applied discount to, and temporarly add it to "Special offer" category by hand (and remove it from category after the discount period has ended)
  • Client is using time-based discounts (automatically starting and ending), and as a result he doesn't want to manually edit the products each time when discount starts or ends
Isn't there any easy way to simply display all products that has discounts applied at any given time?

2. In hikashop options I've set default discount display as "Old price New price". While this works when client opens product page, in all other category and product views discount is instead showed as "(discount amount) Price". I don't understand, where else I have to change this option to work as expected across all the shop? I'm not using any modules or Hikashop menus - just a single button "Shop" in the main navigation, and I have set discount view to "Old price New price" there as well, but it simply doesn't work outside product view...

Last edit: 6 years 10 months ago by Savickis.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

6 years 10 months ago #267789

Anybody?
First of two mentioned questions is very important for my client, as it makes no sense to do job twice for each product - first make a discount for it, and then manually edit product to assign it to "Offer" category... It kind of makes sense to provide such functionality by default - it seems very obvious feature to display all products with discounts with single click.

• Thank you received: 13021
6 years 10 months ago #267747

Hi,

1. Create a menu item of the type HikaShop products listing, and turn on the option "discounted products only" under the "products options" tab of your menu item and it will do that.

2. In the configuration, you have indeed the default discount display setting which applies to all the products listings, unless the product listing has a different value configured in its settings.
I don't see how you can't use a HikaShop menu item. In fact, on the link you give, you're using the menu item with the alias "hikashop-menu-for-categories-listing" which is the default one of HikaShop. So edit that menu item and change that discounted price display setting in it, and you'll see that the discounted prices will display like you want on that page.

6 years 4 months ago #282065

Hello!

I created a new menu item "Product listing", as you suggested, pointed it to root category of all products, set the option "Discounted only" to YES, but it still shows ALL products, not only the products with the discounts...

EDIT: Interestingly, I fiddled around this issue, and possibly found a bug in Hikashop - I went to "Discounts" section of the Hikashop back-end, and there was some 50 or so products with timed discounts, that have already ended some weeks ago. I deleted all discounts, except the ones who are active right now, and suddenly my Discounted product listing menu item started working correctly!

Can you please look in to this issue? My client is constantly using time-based discounts, and if a single product, whose discount time is over, breaks discounted product list, is pretty terrible...

Last edit: 6 years 4 months ago by Savickis.

6 years 4 months ago #282068

Hi,

Well, we'll need more information to be able to look into it.
If I understand correctly, if, now that it's working, you add a discount with an end date in the past, it starts to not work. Are you able to reproduce that and if so, can you provide a screenshot of the settings of that discount ?
Could you also activate the "debug mode" setting of the Joomla configuration and look at the bottom of that listing page. You'll see all the MySQL queries done to generate the page. Could you provide the queries you have for the hikashop_discount and the hikashop_product tables for both when the discount causing the issue is active and when it isn't so that we can see the difference ?

• Thank you received: 0
  • Hikashop Business
6 years 2 months ago #286024

I confirm.

Applying a timed discount kills the listing of 'Discounted only' and all items will be listed, instead.

It is a serious problem.

6 years 2 months ago #286025

Hi,

Ok, but we still need the information I asked before:

Can you provide a screenshot of the settings of that discount ?
Could you also activate the "debug mode" setting of the Joomla configuration and look at the bottom of that listing page. You'll see all the MySQL queries done to generate the page. Could you provide the queries you have for the hikashop_discount and the hikashop_product tables for both when the discount causing the issue is active and when it isn't so that we can see the difference ?

Time to create page: 0.078 seconds