Editor plugin for editing views

• Thank you received: 0
8 years 5 months ago #220296

-- HikaShop version -- : 2.6.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.5
-- PHP version -- : 5.6.8

I, like many others, use a code editor for our back-end work in Joomla! It would be nice to be able to use it for the view editing. Even though you have added some colour I still find that I, for the sake of speed, have to copy the text out into Notepad++ then copy it back in for commits. With Rokpad, or similar, active in this edit we would have more power to edit in the site and enjoy your easy fall-back option.

Whilst I'm here....could we extend the versioning for this function? ;)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13069
8 years 5 months ago #220328

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback.
We'll add a hidden option in order to be able to change the code editor for future versions of HikaShop.

Versioning won't be easy to add. It's not just a few lines of code you can add. So we won't be able to add it in the short term, but it's a good idea.

The following user(s) said Thank You: teamtmedia

• Thank you received: 0
8 years 5 months ago #220434

Good answers. I accept that about versioning. From my perspective it would only need the last 2 saves for those "oh no!" moments when you change something, break the internet and need an urgent 1 or 2 step roll-back. I can accept that this won't happen quickly ;)

• Thank you received: 4004
8 years 5 months ago #220438

Hi,

The idea of comparison (diff) is in the HikaShop TODO list since few years.

But even if there is a "diff" function in PHP ; it requires special modules and it might not be available for all servers.
php.net/manual/en/book.xdiff.php
So it means that we have to find a good "diff" lib ; most we found are not maintained anymore, might have issues with UTF8 support or does not support the diff3.

The idea is to provide a tool to help the migration when the user have some view overrides. So he could apply his modifications in a more recent version of the view.
For the moment we can't tell when that feature will be implemented but it is already in the TODO list.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
The following user(s) said Thank You: teamtmedia

Time to create page: 0.058 seconds