• Thank you received: 1
7 years 5 months ago #256169

-- url of the page with the problem -- : www.semillascantueso.com
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.6.4
-- Joomla version -- : 3.6.4
-- PHP version -- : 5.6.28
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Firefox 50.0

Hi,

Like the title says, I'm having trouble with the search plugins. The links that the category search plugin provides are using an alias used in my Hikashop hidden menu (comprar-semillas), and do not use the alias of the menu id I provided in the plugin (pointing to 'tienda-virtual').

I'm using this same ID in the product search plugin which works fine.

When I disable the item in the hidden menu, the alias in the search results changes into 'component/hikashop', which results in an empty page being displayed when I click it. Not a good alternative...

To me this seems a bug, unless there is some other setting I am not aware of.

Thanks in advance for your help!
MF

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13071
7 years 4 months ago #256180

Hi,

I suppose that the problem is that the menu item "tienda-virtual" is a menu item of the type HikaShop listing of products and not of the type HikaShop listing of categories.
For the categories search plugin, you need to enter a menu item of the type HikaShop listing of categories since it displays categories as results.
If you enter a menu item with the wrong type, the system will try to auto correct and use automatically a menu item of the correct type.
If you don't enter any menu item, it will make it so that the links don't use any menu item and these can often (but not always) result in 404 errors.

• Thank you received: 1
7 years 4 months ago #256426

Thanks for explaining. I was indeed pointing to a product-listing.

I'll change that, but I'm wondering, can the product search plugin point to a categories-listing item? I mean, if I want to use both search plugins, do I need to setup 2 items (which will obviously have two different aliases)? That wouldn't be so great for SEO I suppose...

• Thank you received: 13071
7 years 4 months ago #256432

Hi,

Yes, the HikaShop products search plugin can point to either a categories listing menu item or a products listing menu item.

The following user(s) said Thank You: cantueso

Time to create page: 0.062 seconds