How to set up dynamic filters

• Thank you received: 4
7 years 4 months ago #256864

-- HikaShop version -- : 6.4.3
-- Joomla version -- : 3.6.4

Hi,

I am struggling to set up dynamic filters. I would like to have 2 filters that would allow the user to refine the results by one or both filers.
Please see a screenshot of my category structure.
I would like the customers to be able to filter by image theme and by proportion.

I have tried to set up the filter modules, but I don't understand the relationships between different filter settings in Hikashop and filter settings in the module.

So far it is only allowing me to see 2 items in each drop list, rather than all categories (see the screenshot and the link)

I also have troubles making it appear on relevant pages. It is for some reason showing me 2 filter modules on some pages, and none on others. And I cannot find how this is happening.

This message contains confidential information

Thank you in advance,

Giedre

Attachments:
Last edit: 7 years 4 months ago by gidgie.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13071
7 years 4 months ago #256890

Hi,

If you have the "dynamic display" setting turned on in the settings of your filters, the filters will only display the values of the filter for which a product is available on the listing.
So for example, on the page /index.php/prints there are only two products, so it will only display the values of these 2 products.
So if you only have one theme selected in both, it's normal that you get only one value in the theme dropdown filter.
If you want all the values, you should turn off the dynamic display setting in the filters.

The following user(s) said Thank You: gidgie

• Thank you received: 4
7 years 4 months ago #256980

Thanks Nicolas, that makes sense all of a sudden!

How do I set up 2 dependant filters??? For example, in first filter select images that are in the "nature" category, and then select by proportions if they want.

Also, I have noticed that filters turn off when the search results are displayed. Is there a way to keep filters appearing like a module?
Is there a way to exclude some of the products appearing in filtered results? (i have items that are set up as options, and by themselves they don't need to be a part of search/filter results)

Thanks in advance!

Giedre

Last edit: 7 years 4 months ago by gidgie.

• Thank you received: 13071
7 years 4 months ago #257039

Hi,

1. To have the filters dependants, you can turn on the dynamic filter setting in the filters.
As I explained in my previous message, when you do that the filters will display the possible values based on the products listed.
So if you apply a filter, their will be less products in the listing, and thus the other filter will only use the values of the remaining products.

2. That's because in the "menu" setting of your filter module, you've entered the id of the menu item with the alias "hikashop-menu-for-products-listing" and turn on the "force redirect" setting of the module, and that you didn't associate your filter module with that menu item in the "menu assignment" setting of the module. So when you use the filters of that module, it redirects to that menu item, and since you configured it not to display on that menu item, it doesn't.

3. To remove options from results, you should move them in an unpublished category so that they aren't taken into account.

Time to create page: 0.056 seconds