URL are causing trouble when using custom-filters

• Thank you received: 0
7 years 2 months ago #261554

-- HikaShop version -- : X.X.X
-- Joomla version -- : X.X.X
-- PHP version -- : X.X.X
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : XXXX.X.X:X

Hi Hikashop.

I'm facing some issues, i don't if caused by my general build of my categories or if it's not possible at all.
Please see attached images.

The main problem is the combination of custom-filters and specific category-views on menu-items.

We have several menu-item for individual hikashop-categories.
On each category, we have setup a custom-filter for all of these categories, so it's easy to access it without going to the menu once again (See screenshot).

The problem here is, that if i choose to filter by another category in my custom filter - it will add this filter option to the current URL-structure (Which is URL on the specific category).

I think you get my point - but feel free to ask additional questions ore guidelines for setting it up correct.

Regards

Søren

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13069
7 years 2 months ago #261560

Hi,

I see what you mean, but that's actually how it's supposed to work.
The filter system adds its filters to the current elements and doesn't have the capability to redirect to different menu items or change the current category based on what is selected in the filters, even if the filter is based on categories.

If you want a filter on the categories on the left sidebar that works like you want, then you could achieve it with a HikaShop content module configured to display a listing of your categories.

• Thank you received: 0
7 years 2 months ago #261631

Hi Nicolas

Thank you for your response.

But in this this way we're not able to use the filter-function for what i can see? This will only filter products from within a category.
So if we want to make it possible - this will be an overall filter, where we can place the custom fields for further filtration within this?

Like:
1. HikaShop content module configured: Mountainbikes
1.2 Custom filter 1 (Brand)
1.2 Custom filter 2 (Gears)
1.3 Custom filter 3 (Bike size)
(Same URL structure)

And then i press press on:
2. HikaShop content module configured: Racing bikes (It will get the new URL for this category) and then i place:
2.1 Custom filter 1
2.2 Custom Filter 2
2.3 Custom filter 3

Is this the way to do it?

Addtional question: Isn't it possible to have multi-filter-selection on the categories?

• Thank you received: 13069
7 years 2 months ago #261652

Hi,

Yes, you can have different filters on different categories by simply selecting the category where you want the filter to be displayed in the filter settings (the third setting).

Time to create page: 0.059 seconds