HikaShop Products Search Displays Old Results

• Thank you received: 0
6 years 5 months ago #281586

Hello,

My HikaShop Products Search seems to be displaying out-of-date results. The following errors are occurring:

• There are many new products which we have added that are not indexed by the search.
  • There are many old products that show up in the search. These links are no longer published and lead to 404 pages.

I am using the HikaShop Products Search plugin in conjunction with the RokAjaxSearch extension (which runs on the default Joomla search module, it just adds the function of live search results). I tried using the default Joomla search as well to see if the problem lied within RokAjaxSearch but I was having the exact same issue. Is there a way to re-index our product search results so that they display up-to-date catalog information?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
6 years 5 months ago #281601

Hello,

The Joomla search system (and not the Joomla smart search system) is not indexing anything ; the search is processed in the database while the user is asking the content.
Afterwards, it might be possible that you have some cache or else that you need to purge.
But the HikaShop search plugin which integrate with Joomla is just performing SQL queries regarding the parameter given to the function.
For the HikaShop plugin point of view ; it's entirely dynamic.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.056 seconds