Configuring filters on categories

• Thank you received: 7
6 years 2 months ago #288274

-- HikaShop version -- : 3.3.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.3
-- PHP version -- : 7.1.5

I have a lot of categories and am trying to setup a category filter based on custom fields but this only seems to accept numeric values, how can I make it filter based on a string, for example if I want to filter for all categories with "paper" products or all "vinyl" products? Using a text filter doesn't work as it just brings up a search box, I want to be able to pre-select values for the custom field.

Then how can I make it filter on an exact value rather than a range - so if I have producst that are 50cm, 100cm or 150cm wide I'd want a dropdown that allows me to select any one of those values, but if I setup a filter with those three values I am presented with a dropdown with a list of ranges ...

<53
53 to 100
100 to 150
< 150

that's not what I want at all.

Can Hikashop actually filter at the category level or does it just filter products?

Also I can find nothing in the documentation that explains what the "attributes" field is in the filter setup - what does that do?

Thanks,

Ian

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1778
6 years 2 months ago #288294

Hello Ian,

Can Hikashop actually filter at the category level or does it just filter products?

Hikashop filter can only be used with products.The best solution will probably be to work on your product categories structure and on the displaying of the category listing module.

Also I can find nothing in the documentation that explains what the "attributes" field is in the filter setup - what does that do?

The "Attributes" option will enable you to add HTML attributes to your filters HTML code.

Thank you for your feedback, we'll update the documentation as soon as possible.

6 years 2 months ago #288327

Thanks for answering those points, is there an answer to the question about whether the "values" field should be able to take non-numeric values? And can I have the filter select on a single value rather than a range of values?

Thank you,

Ian

• Thank you received: 13070
6 years 2 months ago #288342

Hi,

If you configure your custom field with values and that you don't set anything in the values of the filter, the filter will take the values of the custom field.

6 years 2 months ago #288361

Ah great! Thank you Nicolas, I couldn't find that in the documentation anywhere, maybe I was looking in the wrong place or it was so obvious it shouldn't have needed stating.

Ian

Time to create page: 0.069 seconds