Variants no showing on CSV import

• Thank you received: 2
9 years 7 months ago #174004

-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.3
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3.1
-- PHP version -- : 5.4.32
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome

I have products and variants all correctly working.

I first manually added variants (size and color) to the product and manually added values to the variant (S, M, L).

If I try to import a product with a new variant (example XL) that does not already have a value, it will say product added, but it will not show up in the parent product. It will also not show in the values of the variant.

Am I doing something wrong or does Hikashop require we manually add all the potential variants values first, before importing?

Also, I have some products that are showing variants, even though no variants were uploaded to them. When I try to delete the variants in the product, if I delete ALL the variants, the variants all "reappear" on the backend, even after I save. If I delete all, but 1 of the variants, the remaining deleted variants stay deleted. www.iheartsin.com/index.php/accessories/product/shorts-v9209

Any ideas?

Attachments:
Last edit: 9 years 7 months ago by sison2466.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 2322
9 years 7 months ago #174030

Hi,

Does that product appear anywhere ?
Some columns in your csv file seems to not be correct.

To add a new variants, the best is to add the size through the characteristics menu, and then import the variant.

For the product with the variant, make sure that you delete the characteristics from the product. Then the variants should not appear anymore.

Last edit: 9 years 7 months ago by nicolas.

9 years 7 months ago #174145

The product added (XL variant) does not appear anywhere I can find. I search for the product name, but cannot seem to find it anywhere.

If I have many variants 6 colors and 20 sizes, do I have to enter them manually 1 by 1 in the characteristics menu in the the product or is there a mass update/import option?

• Thank you received: 13083
9 years 7 months ago #174166

No. As Xavier said, before you import your CSV with your new variants data, you first need to add the new values in your characteristics via the menu Products>Characteristics.
Then, the import system will be able to link the new values of the characteristics with the new variants from the CSV into your products automatically.

9 years 7 months ago #174248

Understood. On a related issue. Even if I have variants for the product, I have an issue on the front end displaying pictures.

Example:
www.iheartsin.com/index.php/bedrooom/category/baby-doll (look for product baby-doll-4088)

but when you click on the product, the picture changes

www.iheartsin.com/index.php/bedrooom/product/baby-doll-4088

the when you choose a variant (example colo: blue), the picture disappears.

This happens, even if you go to the products and see that the variant has a picture on the backend (example in attached file)

Attachments:
Last edit: 9 years 7 months ago by sison2466.

9 years 7 months ago #174252

Hi,

On the listing, the image used is the image with the lower ordering of the main product. So make sure that it is the same image as the lower ordering image of the default variant of your product.

Regarding the image which disapear when you change the characteristic selection, that's because of the way your product page view files where customized which kind of break the system. If you revert to the default display, you won't get the problem. So I would recommend to check on that with the person who did the customization of the product page layout.

9 years 6 months ago #176142

I must not be doing something correctly, because I cannot imagine it is has hard as I am making it.

I have a women's clothing store with several vendors. Thousands of products with multiple sizes and multiple colors. Not all products have all the colors and sometimes the sizes are referenced by S, M, L (Small, Medium, Large), or 0,2,4,5,8.

If I import my vendor CSV and it has a variant not already set up in Hikashop it will not import (example, a new color...say Aqua).

My first thought was to then list all the potential sizes and colors in the characteristics. That worked in that all the product imported, HOWVER, the product lists all potential permutations of color and size on the product page, even if does not have that color or size option.

What is the most efficient way to configure Hikashop, so that the product page will only list the colors and sizes available?

Theoretically, I could go into each product and delete the specific size and color not available, but that is not efficient for thousands of products.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance.

9 years 6 months ago #176154

Hi,

If you don't want all the non existent variants to display on the product page, simply do not import them in your CSV, or import them with a quantity of 0 or as unpublished, and make sure that the "show out of stock products" option of the configuration is turned off.
Of course, if you have a S red tshirt but not a S green tshirt and that you have a L green tshirt and not a L red tshirt, both red and green choices will display in the color dropdown and both the S and L choices will display in the size dropdown on the product page. Otherwise, you wouldn't be able to select anything.
But there are solutions to that too. You can set the characteristics display method option of the configuration to list or table and that way you'll only be able to select the existing variants on the product page.

9 years 6 months ago #176425

I am not actually importing non existent variants. The variants are automatically generated with unlimited quantities, when importing the parent product. Hikashop seem to be automatically generating all the potential variants (sizes and colors) automatically and lists the quantity as unlimited.

I tried to import the variants first (variants have specific size and color combinations and quantities for each), then the parent product, but that does not work either.

I tired to import the parent product without using a placeholder for color and size. If I did not have a placeholder for color and size, then it would not add any of the variants.

Attachments:

9 years 6 months ago #176890

Hi Folks,

Any chance of an assist on my current roadblock...I'm perplex and can't move forward.
www.hikashop.com/forum/import-export-csv...v-import.html#176425
Thanks in advance.

9 years 6 months ago #176911

Hi,

You can't import the products on one end and the variants on another end.
You need to import both the products and the variants in the same CSV and have the variants after the products in it.
The same as in the CSV that you get when you click on the "export" button of the products listing.

9 years 6 months ago #177891

Same issue still exists. Deleted all products. Imported Parent and Variants in 1 spreadsheet.

Now no variants show up on the products. Tried two version of file, 1 with default values on the parent and 1 with no default values. Help?

Attachments:

9 years 6 months ago #177894

You have a problem with the columns of your variants:
take.ms/Wsezf
The product code of the variants contain the country name instead of the product code.
And the main products have to have the default values for the characteristics.

9 years 5 months ago #179759

Great. Thanks for the help. Ticket closed.

• Thank you received: 1
9 years 5 months ago #180028

nicolas wrote: Hi,

You can't import the products on one end and the variants on another end.
You need to import both the products and the variants in the same CSV and have the variants after the products in it.
The same as in the CSV that you get when you click on the "export" button of the products listing.

How can I import products and variants in the same CSV if, when I'm doing it, I don't have the product's ID to fill the column "product_parent_id" of the variants?

Thank you.

Best regards

9 years 5 months ago #180031

Use product_code, not product_ID. Both main and variant have a product_code, then use the product_parent_id field.

For main, the product_parent_id = 0, for variant product_parent_id = the product_code of the main product.

Hope that helps.

The following user(s) said Thank You: EnduranceCode

9 years 5 months ago #180090

I thought that I had the import operation mastered but I didn't because I'm now in trouble when I try to add product with variants. :(

With the attached CSV files (I've tested both options) I manage to add the Variants values but it seems that the corresponding Characteristics aren't added to the product. The Variants Product Code aren't also being correctly added. I've attached to files with screenshots from the backend and from the frontend.

Please tell me what I'm doing wrong.

Thank you.

Best Regards.

Attachments:

9 years 5 months ago #180138

Hi,

In the characteristic column of your CSV, you need to fill the value for the variants but you also need to fill the default value for the main product. It seems that the didn't enter the default value for the main products in your CSV and thus the characteristics are not linked to the main product after the import.

9 years 5 months ago #180174

nicolas wrote: Hi,

In the characteristic column of your CSV, you need to fill the value for the variants but you also need to fill the default value for the main product. It seems that the didn't enter the default value for the main products in your CSV and thus the characteristics are not linked to the main product after the import.

Hi Nicolas,

Thank you for the answer, I will try that.

And what about the "product_quantity" column of the main product: must I leave it blank or must I fill it with the quantity of the default Variant?

Thank you.

Best regards.

9 years 5 months ago #180244

Hi,

You should leave it blank, or set it to -1 (for unlimited), or set it to the total of the quantities of the variants (so that it is synched by the system with the quantities of the variants).

The following user(s) said Thank You: EnduranceCode

Time to create page: 0.116 seconds