Products Not Displaying in Back End

• Thank you received: 20
  • Hikashop Essential
9 years 5 months ago #178735

Looks like a bit of manual work then ;)

Dave B)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 0
9 years 5 months ago #179685

can you give me advice what is the best way to migrate my web site with joomla 1.5.26 and virtuemart 1.1.9 to hikashop and joomla 3.x?

I dont want to loose my urls :(

• Thank you received: 4005
9 years 5 months ago #179687

Hi,

Some test might be required (I didn't use it for a while) but HikaShop have a plugin called "VirtueMart Fallback Redirect".
This plugin allow to redirect the virtuemart pages to the new HikaShop urls ; it generates 301 redirections to keep as possible, the indexation.
I know that the plugin works when you are using the plugin on the same website which has virtuemart installed but I think it will require some tweaks to get it work when virtuemart is not there (because the joomla menus won't be there).
After that, it depends if you're using SEF or not in your Joomla 1.5 website (and what kind of SEF).

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

• Hikashop Essential
9 years 5 months ago #179726

You can isntall Hikashop and then import your products etc from VM. Create the new site in a sub directory and install Hikashop. Once this is done take a database dump of the hikashop database tables in your 1.5 install. Remove the Hikashop tables in the J3 install and then import the database dump.

Hikashop provide a VM redirect plugin which should help the transition from 1.5 to J3. The only other way I can think of is with an SEO component and manually altering the urls. If you have 100's of products that could prove a bit long winded and time consuming.

Dave

9 years 5 months ago #179809

So I cant use the vm redirect plugin without installed virtuemart on the latest version of joomla?

Do you think it is possible to import virtuemart adresses in the new version of joomla installation and activate the plugin?

9 years 5 months ago #179897

I ve installed hikashop on jommla 1.5 site and did the import from virtuemart. Exported all hikashop tables from the database of the joomla 1.5 web and imported them in the joomla 3.x web.

What I am supposed to do to redirect the links? I turned on the vm redirect plugins but it doesnt work.

I use core sef addresses in joomla 1.5 web site and have router.php file in com_virtuemart.

How to make the redirect plugin working correct?

• Hikashop Essential
9 years 5 months ago #179931

I think Jerome pointed out that there would need to be a VM install for the redirect plugin to work.

The only way I can see to overcome this is to use an sef component/plugin and manually change the links. There are a numbrr of solutions here , some are free and some are paid for extensions.

Dave B)

9 years 5 months ago #179946

is there easier way instead of adding so many links manually?

Probably waiting for stable version of virtuemart for joomla 3.

9 years 5 months ago #180996

can u recommend me a good tool for redirecting the links

9 years 5 months ago #181010

Hi,

The plugin requires that you have the tables hikashop_vm_prod and hikashop_vm_cat filled with the data from the import process in your database in order to perform the redirect.
Then, the plugin, once published, should automatically catch the VirtueMart products/categories URLs and redirect the their counter parts in HikaShop.
If you do not have SEF links, it won't generate any trouble.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

9 years 5 months ago #181390

Now I have this problem. I ve migrated the products to joomla 3.0 as I sai above but now the products have more than one time first image, and when I delete one of the first product images all of them disappear. Do you have clue how can I avoid this problem? Is the same image uploader in the business version of hika as this one in the free version?

• Thank you received: 13083
9 years 5 months ago #181509

Hi,

The same upload is in the free and the business version.
I don't see how that's possible to have several "first images" ? Could you provide some screenshots of before/after in order to understand the problem ?

9 years 5 months ago #181610

Here are pictures the first one is before clicking delete button and the second one is after clicked delete button of one of the first pictures and save. I ve migrated the products fom virtuelmart 1.1.19. I ve tried to add title of one of the first pictures and alt tag but the result is the same.

Attachments:

9 years 5 months ago #181667

Hi,

Ok, I see what you mean.
The issue is that the images entries in the database are different but they all point to the same image on the server disk.
The system has a check to prevent deleting the same image if it is used for several products and only delete in on the disk if there are no other products using it when you delete an image entry.
However, in your case, it's other images of the same product using the same image on the disk and that isn't taken into account in the check.

Change the line:

$this->database->setQuery('SELECT file_path FROM '.hikashop_table('file').' WHERE file_path IN ('.implode(',',$oldFiles).') AND file_ref_id != '.$status);

to:
$this->database->setQuery('SELECT file_path FROM '.hikashop_table('file').' WHERE file_path IN ('.implode(',',$oldFiles).') AND (file_ref_id != '.$status.' OR file_id IN ('.implode(',',$element->$type).'))');
in the file administrator/components/com_hikashop/classes/product.php and that should avoid the problem.

The following user(s) said Thank You: emkal

9 years 4 months ago #183194

Thank you nicolas.

Jerome, in my case I have sef links. I think the only way is to use redirection component, it will not be easy with 500 products :(

Any other suggestions?

9 years 4 months ago #183220

Is there a way to export all my links from my old web site and to import them in my new one and manually to show them where to redirect?

Anybody know such a component or sth similar?

9 years 4 months ago #183226

Hi,

Jerome already explained that there is a VM redirect plugin included in HikaShop in order to do that.
It doesn't require that VM is installed on the website (it did before but not since a few releases of HikaShop), however, when you do the migration, the import fills the hikashop_vm_prod and hikashop_vm_cat tables with correspondence information between the VM and HikaShop products and categories and thus these tables need to be in the database with the data from the import (so basically you should not delete them).
Normally, even with SEF activated, the id of the products and categories should still display in the URLs of VirtueMart (unless you were already using a third party SEF system rather than the Joomla SEF system), and thus the plugin should be able to handle the redirect. If you were using a third party SEF system, then you'll probably have to use it again to redirect the old alias to the new product page links.

9 years 4 months ago #183277

I have hikashop_vm_prod and hikashop_vm_cat tables with correspondence information between the VM and HikaShop products and categories in my new database web site

I have activated Hikashop - VirtueMart Fallback Redirect Plugin but still nothing.
Probably the problem is in my urls. My old product url look like this

web.com/catalogue/id-category/id-product-name

and my new product urls look like

web.com/catalogue/prouct/id-product-name

both new category urls look like

web.com/catalogue/id-category-name

still no redirects

9 years 4 months ago #183294

Hi,

Sorry but I do not understand your last message.

The "VirtueMart Fallback Redirect Plugin" requires virtuemart url to work ; the goal of the plugin is to catch vm url and redirect the user to the hikashop one.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

9 years 4 months ago #183973

ok how can I make virtelmart links work then on joomla 3.0

I said that:
I have hikashop_vm_prod and hikashop_vm_cat tables with correspondence information between the VM and HikaShop products and categories in my new database

and when I have virtuemart redirect plugin enabled still dont have any redirects

Time to create page: 0.116 seconds