Products Not Displaying in Back End

• Thank you received: 0
9 years 6 months ago #175079

-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.3
-- Joomla version -- : 2.5.9
-- PHP version -- : 5.3.24
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Firefox 32.0.3
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : There is no table with the prefix 'yjdp__' in your Joomla's database.

Hi there,

First let me tell you how much I love your system! Even with this issue - your system is sooo much better than Vm it's Crazy! So I really want to get this going so I can uninstall VM asap :)

So I was going to do a complete reinstall of Joomla and startt from the ground up with your system - but then I see I could import from VM from inside the system - so I thought I would give it a shot.

I Selected the VM install, and added the correct table prefix - and it kept giving me the error

There is no table with the prefix 'yjdp__' in your Joomla's database.

But it was correct. I kept trying config settings and just working with the system and kept trying the import again and again and on one of the attempts it fully loaded!! I kept clicking next - and next til it was done! So excited!!

Then I click on Products in the Back End - and nothing is listed. There should be about 4107 products - but you can't see them on the back end. Categories is also blank in the Bank End.

However, on the front end of the website the 2 menu items - Categories is Blank - but Products - there are products there - (the images are not there but the product informaiton is - I will worry about the image path later).

So seeing the products info on the Front End I went into the tables and verified that the products are indeed in the database.

It seems like there is a problem with the Category structure - which doesn't surprise me - but I don't know where to begin to fix this issue.

I reinstalled the HikaShop to see if that might do anything - I checked for updated - dumped Cache - and nothing. I scanned FAQS, documenation and forum and google - not enough information to go on yet - and I admit I am a newbie to HikaShop....

What would be the best course of action?

The odd thing I should also mention is that when I am on the Products list page in the back end of Hikashop - Even though I can't see anything - I can hit the Export button and see that the system has products. I have attached the copy here - and it doesn't look pretty :( so something isn't right.

Thank you for your help...

File Attachment:

File Name: hikashopexport.csv
File Size:2,468 KB

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 2322
9 years 6 months ago #175080

Hi,

In the product listing in backend, Is the sub element filtering set on "All sub elements" ? If not, please set this value.

If you think that there is an issue with your categories, you can go in the category listing, still in backend, and click on the "rebuild" button in the toolbar.

Regarding the import and the error for the prefix, I think that the issue is coming for the double underscore, the prefix value should be "yjdp_" instead of "yjdp__", so in the field please remove one underscore. :)

9 years 6 months ago #175184

Hi there -

Thank you for the quick reply...

1 - I did try the All Sub elements - and still now products listed

2. I did the Rebuild several times and nothing happened

3. I was doing one underscore - and redid it just now - and realized that I was placing one underscore - the program was adding one - so I did not enter any underscore and it worked just fine - I went through the import process to see if that would get the products and categories going - but nothing changed.

Also something odd - when I wrote the email last night - and mentioned that the images weren't working - well I changed the columns number on the products listing setting page to 4 and all of a sudden the images appeared. So that fixed it self. So I tried all sorts of settings to see if that would help on the other issues and I had no luck -

Colleen

• Thank you received: 13071
9 years 6 months ago #175201

Hi,

In your exported CSV, I can see the categories listed but it seems that the issue is coming from the link between the products and the categories which is missing in the hikashop_product_category table for some reason.
First, we need to make sure that the categories structure is correct. Could you go in the categories menu and do a screenshot from that ?
Then, if the issue is just with the link between products and categories, you could export a CSV file of your products in VirtueMart (I guess with CSVi) and just keep the product SKU column and the category column, rename them to product_code and categories via Excel and import the CSV in HikaShop. That way, it will link the products with the categories.

9 years 6 months ago #175217

Hi there,

Attached are the images of the VM Categories per your request.

I can export -"product SKU column and the category column, rename them to product_code and categories via Excel and import the CSV in HikaShop "

Just to be clear categories column in HikaShop is just that "categories" ? nothing else?

I will give it a try.

I am looking forward to getting this up and running and when I show my client I know she will be happy to by The Business edition - your tech support is really appreciated!

Attachments:

9 years 6 months ago #175223

HI there, -

I use a program called CSVI for exporting...and If I want the Product SKU with the Category - then VM uses category_path - see attached.

I tested just categories and it was literally the names of the categories - so that didn't look right.

Anyway - can you take a look and see if the attached is what you want me to try to import - in CSV? Or should I export from the PHP tables directly?

Thank you!

Attachments:

9 years 6 months ago #175240

Hi,

I was more thinking about a screenshot of the categories listing of HikaShop than VirtueMart.

Indeed, I checked CSVi and couldn't find a way to export just the category name.
That's gonna be a problem.

Could you provide a backend access to your website so that we could check the categories issue on it ?
You can use our contact form for that:
www.hikashop.com/support/contact-us.html
Make sure that you provide a link to this thread in your message so that we know why you're sending the credentials :)

9 years 6 months ago #175257

Just a follow up -

Through my testing and experimenting - I really messed things up with the tables - so I just did a fresh restoration of the site.

So when you go in you will will no products - no categories - but in the tables the products are there -

Thank you~

Sent you the info as well....

Colleen

• Thank you received: 4004
9 years 6 months ago #175421

Hi,

I am sorry but the credentials you gave us does not work.
I got the error message : "Username and password do not match or you do not have an account yet."

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

9 years 6 months ago #176099

Just following up to see if you received the info I sent via contact form...I resent u / p....

Any ideas?

I am building a fresh site on a separate server to see if I can get things going faster - but I will need to import via csv - so I am looking for the csv virtuemart / Hikashop column names so I can get them right....I hope we can get the exisiting site working -

Just checking in -

Thank you,

9 years 6 months ago #176173

Hi,

We've done several tests and bug fixes in the VirtueMart import system in the last couple of days and they will be included in the next release of HikaShop which is to be released in the next few days.
Please try again with the new version once it's out and it should then be ok.
Note that you'll have to first uninstall HikaShop, delete all its tables from the database, and then install it again in order to run the import from VM again.

9 years 6 months ago #176555

that sounds great! thank you!

How can I be notified of the update? Do you announce on FB or Twitter or anything like that?

Thank you for you help on this....

I am holding off on the fresh build until the latest update....very exciting!

:cheer:

9 years 6 months ago #176637

will it be possible to migrate ids too?

I am trying to migrate from virtuemart to hikashop but products ids and category ids are rewritten.

• Thank you received: 2322
9 years 6 months ago #176649

Hi,

It has been released !!
We do a pre-release without announcements, and then we annouce on Twitter and via a newsletter ;)

For the ids, no we will not migrate the ids.
If you want to keep the same urls, don't worry thanks to our plugin the old urls are still working and redirecting to the new ones.

9 years 6 months ago #176686

Is it possible to change the id's manually? For me it is important to have the same ids and the same ids as before.

9 years 6 months ago #176719

Hi,

You can always modify the ids in the database tables via phpmyadmin, but it will be a lot of work.

9 years 6 months ago #176806

Nicolas,

what about transliteration, I have my products with cyrillic names in virtuemart and when I migrate them to hika the aliases are just id and dash. I migrate them on joomla 1.5 web

9 years 6 months ago #176827

Hi,

The aliases should be empty in your products edition screen.
Is that not the case ?
On Joomla 2.5 and 3 there is an option the Joomla configuration to get unicode aliases or not and based on that option, you might get the aliases of the URLs in cyrilic or no alias unless you specify the alias you want in the product.

9 years 5 months ago #177287

HI there,

Just checking on the status of the new update? Any estimated date for release?

Thank you!

Colleen

• Thank you received: 4004
9 years 5 months ago #177303

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

Time to create page: 0.116 seconds