Mass actions CSV import not working as expected.

• Thank you received: 7
7 years 10 months ago #243030

-- url of the page with the problem -- : www.artistpapers.co.uk
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.6.3
-- Joomla version -- : 3.5.1
-- PHP version -- : 7.0.5

Hi,

I am trying to add GTIN to my products. I have added a custom field product_cust_gtin to the product database and have a csv file with columns product_code and product_cust_gtin. There are 676 rows in my csv (676 products) which are all variants and I have a header row with the field names.

I have setup a mass action with the csv filter to import the file. When I run it just 73 of the rows import correctly, 20 rows say product not found (even though some of them exist) which leaves me with nearly 600 rows that just don't import.

For some rows to import but others not suggests a problem with the csv file but it looks fine to me ( attached ). I have tried with and without quotes round the text fields but get the same results. I have also attached screen shot of mass action settings. What could be going on here?

Thanks,

Ian

Attachments:
Last edit: 7 years 10 months ago by iedwards.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 2322
7 years 10 months ago #243041

Hi,

Everything seems to be correct, the csv file is well formatted and the mass action settings seems to be as they should.
You have to check the option "ADD_ON_CSV_IMPORT_MASSACTION" in order to add not existing products.

If that does not help, please try to update with the latest version from our website (still 2.6.3 but with some fixes).

7 years 2 months ago #261287

I'm currently on Hikashop 2.6.4 and this still isn't working.

Some GTIN's have imported correctly but most haven't.

This is really annoying!

Ian

7 years 2 months ago #261302

Further to the above, I've used a manual process to import a csv file of product codes and GTIN which might help anyone else.

The background to this is that the Google products feed requires the product data to have a GTIN otherwise products are disallowed ( this rule is being applied to an increasing range of products ).

In Hikashop I created a custom field in the products table `cust_product_gtin`

Then using PHPMyAdmin manually created a temporary table `tmp_product_gtin` with columns `product_code` and `product_cust_gtin`

Used PHPMyAdmin to import the csv to the temporary table

Then ran this query to update the Hikashop products table from the data in the temporary table ( replace "ap" with the prefix to your own database )

UPDATE `ap_hikashop_product` p
JOIN `tmp_product_gtin` t ON p.`product_code` = t.`product_code`
SET p.`product_cust_gtin` = t.`product_cust_gtin`

I now have 627 products with GTIN set instead of the 82 I got after trying to use mass action to import the data.

Last edit: 7 years 2 months ago by iedwards.

• Thank you received: 4004
7 years 2 months ago #261297

Hi,

I see that you have a "product_type" filter on the "variants".
Maybe it's related with your "partial importing" issue ?

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

7 years 2 months ago #261346

Sounds possible doesn't it but I tried it without any filters and still only about 80 of 600 items updated.

There is an issue in that some of the products in the spreadsheet aren't in Hikashop, so I get some "products not found" messages. I can imagine that might break the import but it doesn't give any indication that it has failed and it should be able to cope with that really.

Ian

Time to create page: 0.076 seconds