Continue shopping

• Thank you received: 0
13 years 2 weeks ago #14142

I'm not sure if this is a bug or my configuration is wrong but in my last implementation of Hikashop, the "continue shopping" and "proceed to checkout" buttons appeared automatically when I added an item to the basket. Now it's not. Is it the way in which I set up the shop?

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13075
13 years 2 weeks ago #14144

There is the option "After a product is added to the cart" of the tab checkout of the config where you can configure that. It's not a bug.

13 years 2 weeks ago #14148

Thanks.

I've double-checked that. I have it set to "Stay when the shopping cart module is displayed" but it still proceeds to checkout.

13 years 2 weeks ago #14149

Also, I have my checkout workflow as:

login_shipping_payment_address_confirm_coupon_cart_status_fields,end

But the steps on the frontend show only login and end.

13 years 2 weeks ago #14151

The system will still direct you to the checkout if the cart module is not displayed. If you don't want it to redirect to the checkout, you should set the option to "always stay on the page".

It's normal that you only see two steps since that's you have in the checkout workflow option. Steps are separated by a comma. You only have one comma, which means that you only have two steps. I invite you to read the documentation on how to set that option to suit your needs:
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/5...config.html#checkout

13 years 2 weeks ago #14152

Thanks so much

Do you have any advice for the "Add to cart that goes" straight to checkout? I don't think the two are tied together, are they?

13 years 2 weeks ago #14154

I don't understand your question. Please provide more details.

13 years 2 weeks ago #14155

I have the shopping cart module displayed and "After a product is added to the cart" action is set to stay on the page when the cart module is displayed.

I start with an empty cart and then click on the category listing where all products are displayed with an "Add to cart" button for each.

When I click "Add to cart" for one product, it adds it to the shopping cart but then proceeds straight to checkout. There is no option to continue to shop.

I was able to do it before and that's why my initial question was whether it's a bug or something with my configuration, but my configuration looks fine on the surface.

Hope that explains it better.

13 years 2 weeks ago #14158

The continue button is only displayed when you have a URL in the option "Continue shopping button's URL"

13 years 2 weeks ago #14159

I do have a URL but it still takes me directly to the checkout page.

I've found a solution by changing the action to "Always stay on the page" and it's working for me, but the previous option didn't work.

Thanks so much for your input.

11 years 1 month ago #97034

I would like HikaShop go back to the category page of a product once a customer adds that product to their cart. I don't want it to forward the customer to a url or to the checkout page. How can I do this? When I select "Always stay on the same page", HikaShop gives me a blank page.

• Thank you received: 2322
11 years 4 weeks ago #97285

Hi,

Which version of HikaShop do you have ? Can you try with the option "display popup" ?

11 years 3 weeks ago #98254

Hi Nicolas. I am using version 2.1.1. "Stay and display a popup notice" option is currently turned on but still when I add an item to cart, the product page disappears. You can check yourself at twoseedsinapod.com . I get same results with "Always stay on the same page" and "Stay if cart module displayed" options, too.

11 years 3 weeks ago #98319

Hi,

I just tried on your website, and it seems that the option "Always stay on the same page" is enabled.
When adding a product in cart, I stay on the product page, so it's working fine.

For the problem with the popup, the next release should correct that. This release should arrive this week.

11 years 3 weeks ago #98408

Hi Xavier. When you checked the site, "Stay and display popup" option was selected.

After you tested it, I have switched to "Always stay on the same page" option and currently HikaShop displays a blank page after one of the products is added to cart. When this option is selected, same product page should be displayed, right? Could you please test it now?

11 years 3 weeks ago #98469

Hi,

Can you try to download the latest version 2.1.2 from our site and install it over the current version ?

11 years 3 weeks ago #98556

I have just installed v 2.1.2. Right now "Always stay on the same page" is selected and when I click on the "Add to cart" button, it forwards me to a blank page.

11 years 2 weeks ago #98636

Can you give us a link to a product page ?

• Thank you received: 2
11 years 6 days ago #101044

Was this problem resolved? I'm having the same issue with Essentials 2.1.2 installed over Starter 2.1.1. today.

Thanks

11 years 5 days ago #101115

Hi,

chancethegardener doesn't gave us the link to his website, so we don't tried on his end, and we don't had other reports about that.

Can you give us a link to your website ?

Time to create page: 0.115 seconds