No conformation mail to new subscriber

• Thank you received: 0
9 years 4 weeks ago #196280

-- url of the page with the problem -- : www.soultantra.nl
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.4.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.1
-- PHP version -- : 5.5.9
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : any browser

Since two days there is no conformation mail send to new subscribers. What tot do?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1778
9 years 4 weeks ago #196283

Hello,
What do you exactly mean by "conformation mail" ? Are you talking about the "Order status notification" which isn't sent when your customer's order status change to "Confirmed" ?

9 years 4 weeks ago #196409

No the mail that is send when you sign up. With the link to activate your account.

Last edit: 9 years 4 weeks ago by Raoul.

• Thank you received: 13069
9 years 4 weeks ago #196478

Hi,

Go in the menu System>Emails and make sure that the "user account" email notification is still enabled. If that's the case, then I would recommend that you check the issue with your hosting company as HikaShop and Joomla send their emails via the email server of your hosting company.
Maybe something changed in the settings of your server's email server, and the Joomla Emails settings need to be updated.
Or maybe your hosting company could check the logs of their email server to tell you why the emails of your website don't get sent.

9 years 3 weeks ago #196608

Hello Nicolas,

Well the strange thing is that the normal Joomla registration works and that both the confirmation and activation link is send. So the server settings can't be the problem. However the registration form from Hikashop doesn't send the confirmation and activation link.

Now David from ccideal suggested to me for a quick fix to skip the registration. That works for new customers but existing customers can't order anymore because they get the message that the email address already excist.

Now it is set up with login and guest modus. But my client just wants to get it back as it was.

So the question is. Why did the Hikashop registration form stopped working?

Regards,
Raoul

• Thank you received: 13069
9 years 3 weeks ago #196611

Hi,

As I said, it could be that the user account email has been unpublished in the menu System>emails.
That could explain why you still get the joomla email but not HikaShop's.
Otherwise, it means it comes from the Emails settings of the HikaShop configuration and you should check that with your hosting company.

A simpler alternative would be to turn off the user account activation option of the Joomla configuration. That would remove a step from your checkout workflow ( and thus increase your sales ) while at the same time circumvent the problem and enabling you to use the normal registration, like before.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Cynthia-V

9 years 3 weeks ago #196654

Hi Nicolas,

I followed your advice and skipped the account activation. Strange thing is that a backup on the server with PHP 5.3.10 works fine and that mails with activation links on the new server with php 5.5.9 don't arrive. Will check it with hosting.

Regards,
Raoul

Time to create page: 0.074 seconds