Custom field for characteristics?

• Thank you received: 0
8 years 9 months ago #207453

-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.3
-- Joomla version -- : -
-- PHP version -- : -
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : -

Hi

is it possible to add custom field for characteristics?

i want another field for input, other than just a name

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1778
8 years 9 months ago #207461

Hello,
What kind of custom field do you exactly want to add ? checking that thread will probably help you : www.hikashop.com/forum/install-update/87...-variant.html#169341

How about not using characteristics and only using custom fields ?
With the custom fields, you have an option "Display limited to" in each one of them, which allows you do hide/display them based on the value of another one of them.
That would allow you to do that without programming.
If you want to do it with characteristics, it would require at least adding custom javascript to the characteristic display (why have some documentation in our developer documentation regarding the characteristic display override).

8 years 9 months ago #207562

Right now, it only shows "name"

i want another field input other than just "name"

in this case, i want it to also store color code, so when i call it in the template, i know what color code they use

for example:

Item A with characteristics : Color - Red and the color code is XXX

a plain text field is good enough for me

Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by veeco.

• Thank you received: 13062
8 years 9 months ago #207606

Hi,

I see what you're talking about but there is no such option.
What you can do however is to create a custom product field for that information. Then, you'll have to edit each variant of the product and enter the specific text with the color code in the custom product field of the variant.
That way, the product field data will update automatically on the product page based on what you select in the characteristic and what you entered for each variant.
It's however more work than doing it at the characteristic level like you wanted, but that's the closest we have.

8 years 9 months ago #207684

nicolas wrote: Hi,

I see what you're talking about but there is no such option.
What you can do however is to create a custom product field for that information. Then, you'll have to edit each variant of the product and enter the specific text with the color code in the custom product field of the variant.
That way, the product field data will update automatically on the product page based on what you select in the characteristic and what you entered for each variant.
It's however more work than doing it at the characteristic level like you wanted, but that's the closest we have.

Hi, is there anyway to do it through characteristics? Because i need the color on the order form

Using custom field wont work because i need the color code as characteristics [Product X with color Y(color code)] but i dont want to show the color code in front end

• Thank you received: 13062
8 years 9 months ago #207755

Hi,

Then the simplest for that would be to modify the order form view to display the color code based on the selected characteristic (that you know in the code based on the data of the product in the order).

The following user(s) said Thank You: veeco

Time to create page: 0.075 seconds