• Thank you received: 20
  • Hikashop Business
6 years 3 months ago #285345

-- url of the page with the problem -- : educationlaw.org/
-- HikaShop version -- : 3.11
-- Joomla version -- : 3.82
-- PHP version -- : 4.73
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : all
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : Your script timed out while we were trying to post transaction results to it.
Transaction ID: 60863701743
Transaction Result: This transaction has been approved.

The following message was displayed to the customer:

An error occurred while trying to report this transaction to the merchant. An e-mail has been sent to the merchant informing them of the error. The following is the result of the attempt to charge your credit card.

This transaction has been approved.

It is advisable for you to contact the merchant to verify that you will receive the product or service.

Hi,
We are having a puzzling problem at educationlaw.org. Payments are going through fine. We see them in our Authorize account. But the confirmations are failing to get through to Hikashop. We have to manually confirm orders so that customers get their invoices. It's odd because the supposed problem is a timeout. Yet the message appears instantaneously upon payment. The system doesn't appear to be laboring. All hash tags and keys are properly input. We know the system basically works because orders are being created and payment is working. But, obviously, we don't want customers to be seeing these confusing error messages. Can you think what might be wrong? I also have started a support ticket at Authorize.net. I am happy to provide logins if needed, in the hope that somebody can take a quick look. I do believe the payment plugin is correctly configured, but you never know. I am attaching a screenshot here.
Thanks as always for your help. It's been a long time since I needed any!
-Jim Gribble

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13069
6 years 3 months ago #285352

Hi,

If it takes too much time for the authorize.net plugin to process the payment notification, it means that during the order status change, something takes too much time.
It can come from a lot of things:
- You have mass actions configured via the menu System>Mass actions that take too much time to process the data when the order is beeing changed (check your mass actions).
- The notification emails take too much time to be sent (normally emails are sent when the order is created so if these works, the ones sent when the order is confirmed shouldn't be a problem).
- You have another extension which takes too much time to process its thing during the confirmation of the order.
So after checking that it doesn't come from mass actions (simply unpublish them all if you have any and try again), you can try unpublishing the plugins from the groups "hikashop" and "system" via the Joomla plugins manager and try again. Eventually, you can find the plugin causing the issue by publishing/unpublishing the plugins one by one.

You can also activate the debug setting of the payment plugin and check the payment log file after running a payment. You should get some data about the payment notification in it which will help understand the situation.
If you don't get anything in the payment log file after activating the debug setting, then it means that the payment notification is blocked by something before it reaches HikaShop, like a firewall, a security extension or a security module of your hosting, etc.

• Hikashop Business
6 years 3 months ago #285395

Thank you. We aren't running any mass actions, and everything else on the site is working. So I thik we can eliminate plugins as the suspect. I think your guess about firewall is well informed. We recently changed firewall providers. I'm guessing that either the Authorize IP needs to be whitelisted or a specific URL path. I appreciate your forensic insight.
-Jim Gribble

• Thank you received: 13069
6 years 3 months ago #285398

Hi,

Then I recommend contacting your firewall provider support.
And try with the "debug" setting to make sure that you don't get any data in the payment log file after a payment.
If you do, then it's not a firewall issue.

• Hikashop Business
6 years 3 months ago #285417

Nicolas, thanks for following up. I did open a ticket with Sucuri. Should hear shortly. My prime suspect is the firewall. They should be able to see the blocks. We had a similar problem getting Joomla update to work. That too uses a direct connection - from the Joomla Project server. No need for further action at this time.
-Jim Gribble

• Hikashop Business
6 years 3 months ago #285461

For others who might be dealing with a similar issue, Authorize identified four IPs which need to be whitelisted. If you are a customer, they will be happy to share them with you. I'm not going to publish them here. This solution might vary depending on individual unique situations. We are running a very aggressive bot filter on our firewall. The moral is, the error might be reported as a process timeout. But actually it's a firewall setting.
Thanks,
-Jim Gribble

The following user(s) said Thank You: nicolas

Time to create page: 0.081 seconds