Fatal error: Call to a member function display() on null in checkout.php on line

• Thank you received: 0
6 years 2 months ago #287833

-- HikaShop version -- : 3.2.2
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.5
-- PHP version -- : 5.6.33
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Firefox
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : Under Configuration in the admin panel i get the following error:
Fatal error: Call to a member function display() on null in /home/craigmar/public_html/administrator/components/com_hikashop/views/config/tmpl/checkout.php on line 239

Hi
In the administrator area of the website, if i try open the configuration file on Hikashop i get the following error :

Fatal error: Call to a member function display() on null in /home/craigmar/public_html/administrator/components/com_hikashop/views/config/tmpl/checkout.php on line 239.

It seems like the CSS is not loading because of this error, all other page are fine.

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13069
6 years 2 months ago #287836

Hi,

This would indicate that you're missing the file administrator/components/com_hikashop/types/default_registration_view.php or that the file administrator/components/com_hikashop/view/config/view.html.php doesn't contain the line:
'default_registration_view' => 'type.default_registration_view',
This shouldn't normally happen. So either the file was deleted or there was a problem during the transfer of the website to another location, or there are some permission issues on the folders and the update couldn't add or modify the files.

Please check that the files are there and that the code I'm talking about is there.
If not, check the permissions of the files and their folder and install again the HikaShop install package. It will overwrite the files and fix the issue.

6 years 2 months ago #287872

Hi, this did not work. Also what would happen if i installed Essential again over the old one. Will that work or will it lose the data and porducts i have already created as there are over a 1000 products and has taken me months to create.

Last edit: 6 years 2 months ago by mrsmq.

6 years 2 months ago #287873

Hi,

So, can you confirm that you have the file administrator/components/com_hikashop/types/default_registration_view.php and whether the file administrator/components/com_hikashop/view/config/view.html.php contain the line:

'default_registration_view' => 'type.default_registration_view',
please ?

6 years 2 months ago #287912

File Attachment:

File Name: view.html.zip
File Size:6 KB

we do have the first file you mentioned but cant find the lines in the second file but ive attached it in case i overlooked it.

Thanks

Attachments:
Last edit: 6 years 2 months ago by mrsmq.

6 years 2 months ago #287915

Hi,

This is a file from HikaShop 3.2.0. In your first message, you said that you are using the 3.2.2.
So that would mean that this file wasn't updated because of permission issues as I excepted.
Then rename the folders administrator/components/com_hikashop/ and components/com_hikashop/ via FTP and then run the HikaShop install package again via the Jooml installer. That will add all the files with the same version and you won't have the problem anymore.

The following user(s) said Thank You: mrsmq

Time to create page: 0.066 seconds