Blank PDF out put after upgrade of Hikashop

• Thank you received: 1
5 years 9 months ago #294584

-- HikaShop version -- : 3.4.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.10
-- PHP version -- : 7.1

Hello,

I use Hikashop as a brochure, no actual sales. I have added a custom PDF generator of the product page which has worked fine for a year.
I decided it was time to update my Joomla to the latest version and this seemed to break the category links in my Hikashop.
So I updated Hikashop and the links are resolved, but now my custom PDF generator does not work - it shows a blank page

Now I know there will be no support for a custom add-on. But I see that HikaShop 3.2.2 included "We've updated the HTML2PDf and TCPDF libraries of the PDF invoice plugin to the latest versions."

I guess this is the problem. So I am trying to find these changes and change them back to how they were. Any tips on where to look for this?

To confirm:

1. PDF works with Hikashop 2.6.3 and Joomla 3.6.5

2. Update Joomla to 3.8.10 and PDF output still works, but there are link problems in Hikashop

3. Update Hikashop to latest version and links are fixed but PDF output shows blank

Maybe its easier for me to keep in Hikashop 2.6.3 and fix the link issue with 3.8.10

Any help appreciated!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13071
5 years 9 months ago #294623

Hi,

The line from the changelog is for this plugin:
www.hikashop.com/marketplace/product/18-plugin-pdf.html
If you didn't purchase it, then you're not using it.
This plugin is not directly in HikaShop.

So that plugin is not linked to your issue.
If you have an issue on a Joomla website, the first thing to try is to activate the "error reporting" and "debug mode" setting of the Joomla configuration. It will usually provide more information on the error you have which will help better understand what's going on and what to do.
So I would first recommend to do that. Maybe you'll get some clues as to what is wrong with your custom plugin.

Also, rather than updating HikaShop, you can also apply the patches yourself:
www.hikashop.com/forum/install-update/89...-upgrade.html#294471
That way, that should avoid the custom plugin from crashing while still fixing the issue with the listings.

• Thank you received: 1
5 years 9 months ago #294670

Thanks for the reply - thats awesome. I fixed it with the patch.

Time to create page: 0.057 seconds