Product Search Module With Image

• Thank you received: 11
  • Hikashop Business
5 years 8 months ago #295994

-- HikaShop version -- : 3.5.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.0

I've read through some posts and checked Joomla.org looking for a search addon to use to search products.

I tried a few search modules/plugins suggested on this forum but haven't found one that works properly. The ones I tested so far only shows a link to the product. I am looking for one that displays the product name, image, etc... but no luck so far.

So to make a long story short, is there a search module that works properly with Hikashop?

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13071
5 years 8 months ago #296025

Hi,

That's because there is one by default with HikaShop.
It's the "HikaShop filter module".
You first need to configure a filter of the type "text" via the menu Display>Filters and then configure your HikaShop filter module to use that filter and enter the id of a menu item in the menu item id setting of that module. That menu item should by default display all your products, and you can configure all its display settings to fit the way you want the search results to appear.
Then, by using the input box in that module, you'll get the results displayed as a normal HikaShop products listing displaying as you configured the menu item settings.

• Hikashop Business
5 years 8 months ago #296500

Thank you so very much. It took a while but I got it to work. I just have two questions:

1) For the search results heading, how can I change it to say "Search Results". I know I can change the heading in the menu > page display but I want the "Search Results" heading ONLY on the search results page not on other pages.

2) Also the DIsplay > Filter > Name is showing and there is no option to hide it. Is the only way to hide this is to use CSS?

Thank you.

5 years 8 months ago #296509

Hi,

1. Normally, in the "menu" setting of your HikaShop filter module, you're supposed to enter a menu item id of a products listing menu item.
If you use that menu item only for the search and thus have it in a menu that isn't displayed like the "HikaShop default menus", then it will only be used on the search results pages.

2. I'm not sure what you mean. Could you provide a link and some screenshots ?

• Hikashop Business
5 years 8 months ago #296573

1) I'm afraid I don't understand #1. I added another menu, as per the attached, and used the ID #203 in the Hikashop filter module, but nothing is displaying.

I assume that the new menu should NOT be under "HikaShop default menus", so I created another one as per the attached and used ID #276, nothing is diplaying either. I'm sorry but I'm not sure what I'm missing.

2) The name "Site Search" is coming from the Display > Filter. That is what I would like to remove and wondered if that can only be hidden using CSS.

Please see attached Pics.

Thanks!

Attachments:

5 years 8 months ago #296595

Hi,

1. Go in the Joomla modules manager and edit the "HikaShop filters module". There, in the menu item id setting you can enter the id of the menu item you want to use to display the results.
Note that by default that menu item must be configured to display all your products.
The menu in which you set the menu item doesn't matter. In fact, unless you need a menu item displaying all your products, you probably want to have in HikaShop default menus so that it doesn't appear as a menu item of your website main menu.

2. In the settings of the filter you have a title position setting. If you select "inside" then you won't have the title and it will actually be added as a placeholder to the input field. So it could be a good way to remove it from next to the input field. Otherwise, yes, you would have to use CSS to hide the title of the filter.

• Hikashop Business
5 years 8 months ago #296615

#1) I think there is a little misunderstanding.

What you are telling me to do now I had already done what I am asking now is how to have a different header on the search page and NOT affect the other pages.

Currently the header says "product category". I would like it to say "Search Results".

So to confirm, the search is working perfectly, all I want to know is how to change the header for ONLY that page.

Please see attached.

#2) PERFECT!!

Thanks!

Attachments:

5 years 8 months ago #296623

Hi,

I already told you, but apparently, there are some misunderstandings.
Since you have a specific menu item for the results, you can simply edit the settings of the menu item to set the page title you want in there. Also, you want to turn on the setting "Use the menu name as title" of the menu item so that it uses the title of the menu item, and not the category name.

• Hikashop Business
5 years 8 months ago #296657

Yes, you told me and I did get it working, but obviously there was something else causing the issue I described...

I'm using the "Skyline HikaShop Accordion" menu and that is why the change I made is affecting other pages. It is picking up the page heading that I put in "page display > page heading" and is overriding the subcategory titles.

So for example, every subcategory that I click on it shows "Search Results" instead of the subcatgory title. You can see an example attached.

So I guess the issue is with "Skyline HikaShop Accordion". I guess I'll just find a way to hide the heading.

Oh how I wish Hikashop had its own menu....

Attachments:
Last edit: 5 years 8 months ago by MyWorld.

5 years 8 months ago #296658

Hi,

If you get the title of the search results menu item when you use that module, it means that in that module, you must have selected that menu item somewhere, or you didn't select any menu item and in that case, it picks one for you and you're not lucky as it picked the one you don't want.
I would recommend to check with the developer of that extension regarding the setting of that module. They'll be able to better guide you in properly configuring it so that it uses the menu item you want.

• Hikashop Business
5 years 8 months ago #296741

OK. Thank you.

Time to create page: 0.079 seconds