V4 - some language strings missing?

• Thank you received: 8
5 years 6 months ago #299380

Hello,
after updating to V4 I have problems i finding the language strings for some texts

In user c-.panel, order statuses labels
as well as "Actions" word, see =>> s.nimbusweb.me/share/2192919/tvz4zcbi3c9xnz1rzkb7

in my language file, I do see these strings

;Order statuses
CREATED="Creato"
PENDING="Sospeso"
CONFIRMED="Confermato"
CANCELLED="Annullato"
REFUNDED="Rimborsato"
SHIPPED="Spedito"
ORDER_STATUS_CREATED="Ordine creato"
ORDER_STATUS_PENDING="Ordine sospeso"
ORDER_STATUS_CONFIRMED="Ordine confermato"
ORDER_STATUS_CANCELLED="Ordine annullato"
ORDER_STATUS_REFUNDED="Ordine rimborsato"
ORDER_STATUS_SHIPPED="Ordine spedito"
HIKASHOP_ACTIONS="Azioni"
ACTIONS="Azioni"

but they do not work. I have also looked in the view file but I don't see any language strongs connected tho those elements, maybe I am not reading correctly the code, or maybe they aere just missing, I am not sure about that

In the pay order screen, "Payment method" words
(thsi si the page that the user sees when he tries to pay an order from his c-panel and he's given the option to choose a payment method, link look like =>> order/pay/order_id-88/select_payment-1)

Again, I do see these language strings, but they don't translate those words apparently
ATOS_PAYMENT_MEANS="Metodi di pagamento"
PAYMENT_METHODS="Metodi di Pagamento"

Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13070
5 years 6 months ago #299392

Hi,

1. There is indeed a problem in the view file for the display of the order statuses.
In the cpanel_orders.php view file, it's the code:

<span class="order-label order-label-<?php echo $order->order_status; ?>"><?php echo $order->order_status; ?></span>
which should actually be:
<span class="order-label order-label-<?php echo $order->order_status; ?>"><?php echo hikashop_orderStatus($order->order_status); ?></span>
We've applied that change on our end, so you can also just download the install package on our website and install it on yours to get the patch.

However, the Actions text is properly handled. You can see an example on our demo website which doesn't have yet the patch above:
monosnap.com/file/F5a7V63CINOZkU4PvnBkRXQTXl6Ar3
The order status is not translated but the Actions text is.
So I believe that you might have a problem with your translation file.
Please turn on the debug mode and debug language settings of the Joomla configuration and look at the bottom of that page for the language debug data. It should tell you if you have an error in your language file which would explain why some translations might be missing.

2. I would recommend to check the same way as with the "actions" text.
Also, we didn't change that page with HikaShop 4, so I don't see why it would be a problem coming from the code. A bug in the translation file is much more likely.

5 years 6 months ago #299401

Thanks,
could you tell me what exaclty is the string handling the "Actions" text? I see more than one in my language files for the word "Actions"

I would need the same favor for the "Payment method" language string

I have turned on both the system and language debug, but apart from ** signs appearing around the words, I do not see any info at the bottom of the page, maybe it's due to my template...

Trying to solve this with trial and error, I have changed all the "Payment method" in the original language file (adding numbers at the end)

HIKASHOP_PAYMENT_METHOD="Payment method 1"
PAYMENT_METHOD="Payment method 2"

but when I visit the page /shop/dashboard/order/pay/order_id-88/select_payment-1
I still see "Payment method" without any numbers

Thanks

Last edit: 5 years 6 months ago by oloccina.

• Thank you received: 13070
5 years 6 months ago #299403

Hi,

It's the translation keys "ACTIONS" and "PAYMENT_METHOD".
Note that it's possible that you might have another extension using the same translation key in its translation file. And in that case, it's possible that the translation key from that other extension overrides ours.
With the debug language data, you can see all the translation file used on the page so you can check for that translation key to see if that's the case.

Last edit: 5 years 6 months ago by nicolas.

5 years 6 months ago #299470

YOu were right affiliate tracker had similar strngs not translated.
Best to try to always put the prefix HIKASHOP to avoid similar issues.

thank you

Last edit: 5 years 6 months ago by oloccina.

Time to create page: 0.064 seconds