Better landing page when no product foound

• Thank you received: 1
  • Hikashop Business
5 years 3 months ago #301550

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.0.01
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.1
-- PHP version -- : 7
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome and others

1. When people search for a product and there is no product, the page just shows that message. I know that you can change the language file to something different, but it would be useful to have more on the page, images another search method etc.

2. When people add a 's' (as in plural to a search word, if that full word is not anywhere in the product name or keywords etc that the search is set up for nothing shows. I know this expected behaviour and the option is perhaps to include word plurals somewhere. But is there anything around this other than that.
Bad example but whites you get no results white you get several you expect.
Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13037
5 years 3 months ago #301562

Hi,

1. With a translation override, and thus the changing on the text, you can add images, links, or even modules (with an extension like modules anywhere). So really, it's up to you what you want there. Now improving that display by default is a good idea. We'll look at that on our end.

2. Well, it's more complex than that. plural works differently in different languages, and even in english, just trimming at the end of the words for 's' is not a really good solution. For example, If you search "bus" and the search trims to "bu", you'll end up with many results with the "bu" text in it which will have nothing to do with buses. So if you want to handle "did you mean" kind of search like google does on its search, it's a lot more complex with complex algorithms, and requires a lot of resources compare to simply searching for what the user entered exactly. I'm afraid you won't see a solution for that any time soon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.056 seconds