Re-arrange The Order of Variants For a Product

• Thank you received: 11
  • Hikashop Business
5 months 3 weeks ago #356534

Hi,

Is there a way to re-arrange variants for a product? I would like the first item in the list to be the default. I am trying to change the order but it isn't working.

For example, I have a product where I'm adding the colours Black, Red, etc... The black was the first on the list but I wanted the red to be the first.

I changed the black to red, and the red to black, assuming that the Red would now be the first but it defaulted back to the black being the first on the list.

What am I missing?

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13079
5 months 3 weeks ago #356535

Hi,

First, in the Products>Characteristics menu, you can edit your characteristic. There, in the values listing of the characteristic, you have an order column where you can set the order of the values.
Also, in the HikaShop configuration, you have the setting "Characteristics values ordering" which you want to set to "ordering" so that the system uses the order of the values and not something else like an alphabetic order.

• Thank you received: 11
  • Hikashop Business
5 months 3 weeks ago #356561

Hi Nicolas,

Sorry I'm a little unclear. Are you saying that I cannot set the order by product, it will only order it by the ordering listed in Characteristics or the order set in the configuration?

Thanks!

• Thank you received: 13079
5 months 2 weeks ago #356584

Hi,

The order of the variants is calculated based on the "Characteristics values ordering" setting and all the products using the same characteristic will have the same order of values.
If you need different order of values for different products, then you should create different characteristics, with different order in the values, so that you can select between these characteristics in your products when creating the variants.

Time to create page: 0.059 seconds