Cannot upgrade to Hikashop ver 5.0.0

• Thank you received: 0
5 months 2 weeks ago #356633

-- url of the page with the problem -- : www.primarytours.com
-- HikaShop version -- : 4.7.1
-- Joomla version -- : 5.0.0
-- PHP version -- : 8.2.11
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Firefox 119.0.1
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : illegal mix of collations (utf8_general_ci,IMPLICIT) and (utf8_unicode_ci.IMPLICIT) for operation '='

Dear HikaShop,

I tried to upgrade to HikaShop ver. 5.0.0 but I get this error "illegal mix of collations (utf8_general_ci,IMPLICIT) and (utf8_unicode_ci.IMPLICIT) for operation '='". then my website will become inaccessible. I have attached a

screenshot for your reference. At the time Joomla ver was 4 then I upgraded to Joomla 5 hoping this could fix the issue. Unfortunately, it did not.

Appreciate any help.

Rod

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 612
5 months 2 weeks ago #356647

Hello,

The problem is two folds:

1. The upgrade failed because the charset of the email field in your users table of Joomla.
Edit your users table of Joomla via your PHPMyAdmin and make sure that the email field uses the same charset as the user_email field in the hikashop_user table.
Learn more, here .

2. The failed upgrade led to missing files, which led to this class missing error. Extract your HikaShop install package (which you can download on our website) and copy the files back/pluginCompat.php and back/pluginCompatJ4.php to the administrator/components/com_hikashop/ folder via FTP. This will fix the error and you should be able to redo the update once the first point is fixed.

Regards

Last edit: 5 months 2 weeks ago by nicolas.

5 months 2 weeks ago #356652

Hello Philip,

Thank you for the advice. Will perform as you suggested and will give update.

Regards,
Rod

5 months 2 weeks ago #356669

Hello,

Still need help. I tried to check the collation set for hikashop_user and a_users, it's the same. utf8_general_ci. There are only two types of collation in my tables. utf8_general_ci and utf8mb4_unicode_ci. I did not find the "utf8_unicode_ci" mentioned in the error. I attached a screenshot of my tables.

. Can you please advice?

Thanks for your instructions on how to recover my website from "class missing error". Hikashop is now usable and functioning. Although I'm still in ver 4.7.1 Is there a download for ver 4.7.5? Maybe I need to update to 4.7.5 before 5.0.0?

Appreciate any help.

Regards,
Rod

Attachments:

• Thank you received: 13079
5 months 2 weeks ago #356670

Hi,

The columns can have a different collation than the table. So please check the collation of the columns Philippe was talking about.

You don't need to update to the 4.7.5 first. It won't change anything. You need to fix the collation of the columns and you'll see it will work when you try the update again.

5 months 2 weeks ago #356693

Hello,

Thank you for the advice. Will send update.

Regards,

Rod

Time to create page: 0.086 seconds