Remove from cart icon in checkout

• Thank you received: 18
  • Hikashop Business
3 months 3 weeks ago #358091

-- HikaShop version -- : 5.0.2
-- Joomla version -- : 5.0.1
-- PHP version -- : 8.2
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome

Hi, I need to show the icon to remove items from the cart as a trash can. At the moment it only displays as a small click box.

I added this to the frontend css, but it made no difference:

.hikashop_checkout_cart .fa-times-circle:before {
    content: "\f1f8" !important;
}

How can I show a trash can icon in the checkout?

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 612
3 months 3 weeks ago #358094

Hello,

Can you provide these elements please :
- An Url link in order to show us the context
- An annotated screenshot to describe what you want to achieve

Regards

Last edit: 3 months 3 weeks ago by Philip.

• Hikashop Business
3 months 2 weeks ago #358107

Screenshots attached.

Attachments:

• Thank you received: 13072
3 months 2 weeks ago #358119

Hi,

Without being able to directly look at the situation in more depth (the URL to the website would have been great in that respect), it looks like you might have the same problem as here:
www.hikashop.com/support/forum/5-support...s/357244.html#357222

Here is the text of that message in English:

In HikaShop, we have version 5.2.0 of fontawesome which allows you to display icons.
Previously, we loaded this version included in HikaShop, and it was possible to change a hidden option in the database, so as not to load it (in case the template had a more recent version of fontawesome).
As this version is now rather old, on Joomla 4 and Joomla 5, we now ask Joomla to load fontawesome for us with the code:
[coded]
$wa = $doc->getWebAssetManager();
$wa->useStyle('fontawesome');
[/coded]
Locally, on our test sites, when we check the result, it is the file /media/system/css/joomla-fontawesome.css?2865f3 which is loaded by Joomla 5 and the icons are displayed correctly.

On your site, I see that you are also on Joomla 5, but it is the file /media/vendor/fontawesome-free/css/fontawesome.min.css?6.4.2 which is used, instead of the file which is used on our side, despite the fact that you also have this file present (it is just not loaded on your pages).

So, I'm not an expert on fontawesome, but from what I see, the CSS that initializes the font for fontawesome seems to be missing in the file that is used on your site. Below is a capture of the code in the file on our side, which is missing in your fontawesome file:
i.imgur.com/dRaJZCY.png
I'm not sure of anything, but it smells like a problem in the template you are using (or a system plugin) that would load its fontawesome version instead of using the Joomla one, and there will be a problem with it.

Try switching to the default Joomla template to see if you still have the problem. If this is displayed correctly, then you will need to contact support for your template. If this still does not display correctly, then you should see if you have a system plugin related to fontawesome.

Note also that further to this, we got some feedback by someone else that if you're using a template made with Template Creator, it has a setting to fix this:
www.hikashop.com/support/forum/install-u...ec-5-0-2.html#358043

since Cédric K's Template Creator, there is this function which was in auto mode, but by putting the upload of these fonts in "yes mode" so in forced mode everything works again: it's just happiness!!!! !

• Hikashop Business
3 months 2 weeks ago #358145

Hi Nicholas,

I did supply the URL in my original submission, however I marked it as private as I don't want to receive spam. I will resend the URL via a private message.

I use Nicepage as my template creator.

Thanks

3 months 2 weeks ago #358148

Hi,

My bad, I missed it.
So I checked today, and it's indeed the same problem I was talking about.

• Hikashop Business
3 months 2 weeks ago #358171

Hi Nicholas,

I contacted Nicepage and this is their reply:

Nicepage does not use the Bootstrap framework and Fontawsome. It does not load the corresponding files. Therefore, if the component you're using does not load the required files too, elements that require Fontawsome may not be visible.

So I have learned something new!

I now need to decide what to do with my sites as I like using both Nicepage and Hikashop. If you can think of anything else I can do, please let me know.

I will keep you posted if I find any solutions, but I thought you'd be interested in their response.

Many thanks
Julie

3 months 2 weeks ago #358173

Hi,

Basically, what their message means is that the problem is not in the template and it must be because HikaShop doesn't load fontawesome.
But I already wrote above that HikaShop does ask joomla to load fontawesome. I've even provided the code. So that means they probably didn't read my message.

The first thing to do is to not believe neither them nor me and try something simple:
Switch temporarily to the Cassiopeia template and see if you have the icons displaying.
If you do (like it does on our end with Joomla 5 and Cassiopeia), then the template has to be involved in the problem and there is probably something which can be done in the template to avoid that issue.
If you still don't see the icons with the default template, then it means the problem is probably linked to another extension, like a module or system plugin. In that case, it would be good to first identify what is generating the problem by disabling the modules / plugins one by one.

• Thank you received: 1
  • Hikashop Business
3 months 1 week ago #358375

I have the same issue after I updated hikashop to version 5.02
I downgraded to re-install the previous version and the delete-icon was there again but in the backend Hikashop tells me I have 5.02 installed.
Something wrong with the fontawsome things in the new version?

3 months 1 week ago #358383

Hi,

No. But we did change how fontawesome was loaded with the 5.0.2, as I explained in this thread above:
www.hikashop.com/forum/install-update/90...checkout.html#358119

n HikaShop, we have version 5.2.0 of fontawesome which allows you to display icons.
Previously, we loaded this version included in HikaShop, and it was possible to change a hidden option in the database, so as not to load it (in case the template had a more recent version of fontawesome).
As this version is now rather old, on Joomla 4 and Joomla 5, we now ask Joomla to load fontawesome for us with the code:

$wa = $doc->getWebAssetManager();
$wa->useStyle('fontawesome');

Locally, on our test sites, when we check the result, it is the file /media/system/css/joomla-fontawesome.css?2865f3 which is loaded by Joomla 5 and the icons are displayed correctly.

Time to create page: 0.085 seconds