Use alternate registration form

• Thank you received: 4
  • Hikashop Business
3 months 3 days ago #358605

-- HikaShop version -- : 5.0.3
-- Joomla version -- : 5.0.2
-- PHP version -- : 8.2
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Edge

I'd like to use reCaptcha on the registration form during checkout, but the built in form doesn't show the system default captcha. I have the Hikashop registration redirect in place but it does not change the form to the menu item specified in the redirect plugin.
I tried the login override feature of the checkout process, but it doesn't require login to checkout. How can I require login to purchase products?

Last edit: 3 months 2 days ago by tadosborn.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Hikashop Business
3 months 2 days ago #358613

I was able to enforce login by changing the mode of registration from all in one and put the login view as the first step of the checkout process. It still produces error messages that the form fields are blank, but at least it doesn't allow you to continue until registered. I assume the login override is designed to be used to create a link to any third party login form. I use RSForms with Registration plugin.

• Thank you received: 13071
3 months 1 day ago #358626

Hi,

I'd like to use reCaptcha on the registration form during checkout, but the built in form doesn't show the system default captcha.

In order to do that, you need to use this plugin which links the Joomla captcha system and HikaShop's registration:
www.hikashop.com/marketplace/product/281...-joomla-captcha.html

I have the Hikashop registration redirect in place but it does not change the form to the menu item specified in the redirect plugin.

The goal of this plugin is to redirect the user to HikaShop's registration form when the Joomla registration form is accesses. So in its settings you're supposed to enter the id of a HikaShop menu item.
I think you think it doesn't work because you expect it to do something else than this.

I tried the login override feature of the checkout process, but it doesn't require login to checkout. How can I require login to purchase products?

If you have the "login" view in your checkout workflow and you don't have the "guest" checkbox checked in the "registration" setting, then being logged in will be required to finish the checkout.

I assume the login override is designed to be used to create a link to any third party login form. I use RSForms with Registration plugin.

Yes, the "Override registration" setting can be used to provide HTML (with the "content" setting below) to replace the registration form. So usually you want to add in there the HTML of a link to your custom registration form.

• Hikashop Business
3 months 1 day ago #358641

Thank you for the detailed response. I was thinking it would be so helpful if we could use plugin colde in the Override Registration content, but the prepare content isn't enabled for that code. Could that be a feature request?

• Thank you received: 13071
3 months 21 hours ago #358642

Hi,

It can be done quite easily.
In the file checkout / sub_block_login_registration, which you can edit via the menu Display>Views, change the line:

echo hikashop_translate($this->options['text']);
to:
echo JHTML::_('content.prepare', hikashop_translate($this->options['text']));

We will also include the change on our end.

• Hikashop Business
3 months 19 hours ago #358655

Obviously have to use system plugin not just content plugin since this isn't an article.
Works BEAUTIFULLY.

Thank you

Time to create page: 0.066 seconds