More information about hikashop multisite

• Thank you received: 0
7 years 6 months ago #252672

-- url of the page with the problem -- : www.hikashop.com/component/hikashop/prod...id-201.html#features
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.6
-- Joomla version -- : 3
-- PHP version -- : 5
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : firefox
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : none

We received an email that "HikaShop Multisites" is launced. Can you please provide more information about it? Using HikaShop Multisites, can we create multiple sites using a single hikashop installation or separate installation will be required?

URL - www.hikashop.com/component/hikashop/prod...id-201.html#features

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13069
7 years 6 months ago #252674

Hi,

Separate installations will be required.
If you want to have multiple websites with a single installation, it will require using JMS Multisites.

7 years 6 months ago #252851

Ahh. Then how it is multisite :( ? When you say multisite it means a single setup can create multiple sites. Also, JMS Multisites is not fit as per our requirement. We want to keep a single product and manage their all attributes separately like Product description, meta information etc. But we didn't find any solution because hikashop stores these information on the main product table. Do you have any idea about this?

Thanks,

7 years 6 months ago #252917

Hi,

It is multisites in the fact that with the Business edition, the services included like the support and cron task are limited to one website but with it, you can have as many websites as you want.

But I don't understand what you want. You say that you want a single product entity but different attributes (I suppose for each website). If the attributes are different, then the product is different, no ? Why would it need to be one product ?

7 years 6 months ago #253092

No, the product should be one. Suppose I have a product but using multisite I want to show up it on 2 sites, then I need a provision to have different product content/description, meta info otherwise google will treat 2nd website as duplicate content.
This is actually the process follow most of the e-commerce platforms such as magento.

7 years 6 months ago #253095

Hi,

Ok, I see. But can't you configure JMS multisites to handle that ? (I'm not familiar with the integration as it was done by JMS themselves)
From what I know, JMS uses MySQL views for the slave websites, so it wouldn't be too far fetched to be able to have different custom product fields for example for the different description/meta data of the product for the different websites and map that to the description/meta data fields in the slave websites.
Maybe you want to contact the JMS support and see if they have some idea on how to do that ?

Actually, if you know a bit your way around in PHPMyAdmin and MySQL, you could do that with different websites on the same database with views on the hikashop_product table to map the one from the main website to the other websites with the correct columns.

7 years 6 months ago #253125

Hi Nicolas,

You are right. We have already configured the JMS multisite and we are able to handle few things separately like shipping methods, product price etc. JMS use mysql views and I am aware how it works but hikashop main product table columns (description, meta info) cannot be separated because JMS creates table as views not the columns of a table.

Magento has a better way to handle this.

Time to create page: 0.064 seconds