Stripe Plugin V3 - Including Payment Request Button(Apple Pay/Google Pay)

• Thank you received: 0
2 years 3 months ago #338994

Hi, I have recently bought this plugin and was dissapointed to find that it does not integrate with the Payment Request Button. Can it be updated to include those payment options?

I have succesfully implemented Payment Request Button from Stripe separately but I need it to integrate with our existing Hikashop setup and writing a whole plugin is beyond my capabilities, any help would be appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
2 years 3 months ago #339024

Hello,

For what I can see regarding the PaymentRequest Stripe feature, the main difference with Connect is the usage of different JavaScript code.
The plugin is already based on the Payment Intent system, so the plugin core already create the necessary data.

The current stripeConnect JavaScript object can support Payment Intent, Payment Method, Payment Source and Token.
So if you want to support Payment Request, it would requires new JS function in the object to have a new "mode".
Afterwards, it's the "end" view which contains the initialisation part and which could switch from "intent" to "request".
That view would also have access to the HikaShop order and Stripe Intent Object, so you would have all the necessary data for the Payment Request initialisation.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.054 seconds