Order notification email

• Thank you received: 8
10 years 1 week ago #152293

-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.0 Business
-- Joomla version -- : 1.5.26
-- PHP version -- : 5.3.21

Hi,
I have some questions about the Order Notification Email.

1. The Order notification email is sent after I change the order status of the order.
This was a surprise to me, because I expected the Order status notification email would be send.
When is the system sending the Order status notification email?

2. I have done some language overrides and it works fine in the Order creation email.
But the Order notification email is not using the overrides, the original language text is shown.
How to correct this?

3. In the Custom fields I use the column address_street2 (for entering the house number). I added this field in the view address/address_template.
This works fine in the Order creation email. Also on the frontend checkout this field is shown.
But address_street2 is NOT visible in the Order notification email. How to correct this?

Regards,
Udo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 2322
10 years 1 week ago #152302

Hi,

1. When the payment method return the payment status, the order status change, and the mail is automatically sent at this moment. If it's a manual change which is required for the order status so you have to enable the option to notify the customer.

2 & 3. Do you have / had edited this email ? You probably a version which no more handle these things.

10 years 1 week ago #152420

Hi,

1. Thanks for this information. I understand that the Order status notification email is sent when the payment method returns the payment status. The Order notification email is sent after a manual change of the order status.
Is this indeed what you mean?

2. I did edit this e-mail in the backend using Business 2.3.0. I only changed some colors and images in the HTML version.
Now I removed this customization, but the problem persists: language overrides are ignored, no field address_street2.

regards,
Udo

Last edit: 10 years 1 week ago by Udo. Reason: extra question

• Thank you received: 4004
10 years 1 week ago #152421

Hi,

Depending "where" the email has been sent, the address_template can be load from the "front-end" part or from the "backend" one.
Please put your address_template override for both parts.

We will made some tests for the language override in the email but in order to make it in the same context than your, would it be possible to know how the order notification is send ?

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

10 years 1 week ago #152501

Hi,

3. After adding the field address_street2 to the backend view order/address_template too this field is also shown in the Order status notification email. So problem 3 is solved, thanks.

1. I am very confused about the sending of the Order (status) notification email. Yesterday I noticed that the Order Notification email was sent after a manual change of the order status. But this evening I noticed that after a manual change another email is sent, the Order status notification email.
Is this possible? Or was I wrong yesterday?

2. I was sending the order nofication in the backend orders listing There I changed the order status of an order. In the popup I selected Notify customer.

Regards,
Udo

10 years 1 week ago #152587

Hi,

1. That seems to be working fine, and email is sent any time you change the order status.

2. We will reproduce the problem on our end in order to see if we have the same issue.
If you use the email button in the order edition page, are the translations correct ?

10 years 1 week ago #152597

Hi,

1. Ah, now I understand what is happening! The Order status notification email is sent when I change the order status in the orders listing.
The Order notification email is sent when I use the email button in the order edition page.

2. No, when using the email button the translation override is ignored too.

regards,
Udo

10 years 1 week ago #152649

Hi,

And what if you replace the strings in the main language file, not in the override part ?

10 years 1 week ago #152737

Hi,

Changing strings in the main language file works fine, The new text shows up in order status nofication email and order notification email.
Only the language overrides are ignored.

regards,
Udo

• Thank you received: 1778
10 years 1 week ago #152741

Hello Udo,
It probably means that the override translation file is not valid.
It must be missing a double quote or has an extra one or a translation is on several lines, or something like that, so can you check it ?
Thanks.

10 years 1 week ago #152824

Hi,

I've checked and did not notice any problems.

Then I removed all overrides and just added one: SUMMARY_OF_YOUR_ORDER="BESTELINFORMATIE"
Also this single override is ignored in the Order status nofication email and Order notification email.

The override works fine in the Order creation notification email.
In fact, so far all language overrides work fine. Except for the Order status nofication email and Order notification email.

I use the Dutch language file.

regards,
Udo

• Thank you received: 13071
10 years 6 days ago #152855

Hi,

That's strange. A more radical method will be to edit the emails via the menu System>Emails and directly replace the tag {TXT:SUMMARY_OF_YOUR_ORDER} with the text you want.

10 years 4 days ago #153059

Hi,

I have applied the following workaround:
In the menu System/Email a changed the language strings in the Order status nofication email and Order notification email like this: HI_CUSTOMER is now HI_CUSTOMER1. Then in the language override I added the string HI_CUSTOMER1
(and similar for the other language strings)
These overrides work fine. Thanks to the fact that they are absent in the original language file.

I notice that I'm not the first one having this problem. Are you certain it isn't a small bug in Hikashop?
Maybe it has to do with a common feature of these emails: they are generated in a popup in the backend.

Regards,
Udo

• Thank you received: 13071
10 years 4 days ago #153091

Hi,

That's strange that it works with a new translation.
We use the same language translation calls to joomla JText::_ function in all the emails, backend or frontend. So it shouldn't change anything unless joomla has some issue with the language handling in some cases.

Time to create page: 0.101 seconds