Cancelled order doesn't drop from booked product.

• Thank you received: 0
9 years 5 months ago #180330

-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.4.
-- Joomla version -- : 2.5.14

Hi,
I just installed Hikashop. I'm testing it with a test product. I order one payment pending, then I cancel that order from order management. But it doesn't increase the stock quantity. I even tried to delete the order, but it still doesn't give the result expected. Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 76
9 years 5 months ago #180337

Stock update is based on "Invoice order statuses".
Remove cancelled and refunded statuses and it should work.

9 years 5 months ago #180353

I did try that, after cancelling didn't change the stock number I deleted the order. It still says 0 in quantity. and frontend it says out of stock.

9 years 5 months ago #180358

For some reason if I first confirm it, then cancel it then the stock number changes.

• Thank you received: 13071
9 years 5 months ago #180398

Hi,

Are you sure that the stock is decreased when the order is created ?
We have an option allowing to change the product stock when order is confirmed, please check its setting.

Deleting orders doesn't change stock levels as this is not a normal process. You should not delete orders but only cancel/refund them. If you delete them, it's up to you to change the stock levels or not manually.

9 years 5 months ago #180432

I don't want the stock number to change when confirmed. Because of the possibility of two members going to Paypal payment page at the same time, which means you might end up two people buying the last ticket for the same event.

If the buyer goes to Paypal payment page and just closed the browser instead of clicking "cancel and go back to the original page", then you end up with a "created" order and corresponding stock number. Then when I "cancel" that order it changes the stock number back to normal.

But if the payment method is "bank transfer" and the status is "pending" (I created this payment status), then if the payment didn't come in 24 hours I change the status to "cancelled" which should as in the example above increase the stock number. If I first confirm it, then cancel it that increases the stock back to normal. :-)

So my understanding is, the problem is my extra status. :-D The new status should be an instance of "created" status but it doesn't act like it. I decided to get rid of the "pending" status and use "created", since I can see if an order is closed Paypal payment or bank transaction in order list. But this might be something to consider for the next version maybe? When the user creates a new status, you might want to give the option of inheriting the attributes of an existing status.

• Thank you received: 2322
9 years 5 months ago #180449

Hi,

That should already be the case.
In Configuration > Main > Order, you can select the confirmed order status, define the order statuses to generate invoice, and set cancelled order statuses.

So when creating the pending status, by default it is as the created one. It's not a confirmed status and not a cancelled too.
If you have a pending order, and you set it as cancelled so it should put the stock back for the product.

We will do some more checks, and tests.

9 years 5 months ago #180632

Hi,
I put pending in the list of cancellable order statuses too. But it still does the same thing. But if I use created for the status of bank transfer instead of pending, then when I cancel it increases the stock properly.

PS: I wanna squeeze two more questions here;
1. What does "Payment capture order status" mean?
2. The order status change emails all go to spam box, is there anything I can do about this, or is this a problem with my website?

9 years 5 months ago #180642

Hi,

0. Can you do a screenshot of how you configured all the status options of the Order section of the configuration so that we know what you did exactly when it didn't work ?

1. That's a new option which will allow you to only authorize the payments when the order is created, and then have the payment captured by the payment gateway when you set the order status to "shipped". That however requires to have payment plugins compatible with the new system and for now there is only the ogone plugin compatible. So it's useless for more than 99% of the people at the moment.

2. It can come from a lot of things: server settings, website email settings, black listed on other email servers.
I invite you to test your emails with the service www.mail-tester.com/
That will tell you what's wrong with them and what you can do about it.

9 years 5 months ago #180802

Here is the screenshot.

Attachments:

9 years 5 months ago #180820

The system uses the "invoice order statuses" to know if it can give back the stock.
Add "pending" in that option and it should work.

The following user(s) said Thank You: suatcamillo

9 years 5 months ago #180923

It worked! Thank you for your help. I think you can close the thread now. :-)

Last edit: 9 years 5 months ago by suatcamillo.

• Thank you received: 1
8 years 8 months ago #212231

Since updating - orders are not being captured and processed automatically. I have to go in and manually do this. Is there a setting (or can I leave it blank) so that it can happen automatically?

thank you,
Pam

8 years 8 months ago #212240

Hi,

We answered you there:
www.hikashop.com/forum/install-update/87...rocessed.html#212239
Please don't post the same question on several threads.

Time to create page: 0.106 seconds