Custom field (product) with custom text doesn't show up in the e-mails.

• Thank you received: 22
  • Hikaserial Subscription Hikashop Multisite
6 years 4 months ago #284682

-- HikaShop version -- : 3.2.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.3
-- PHP version -- : 7

Hi,

When I create a custom field (product) with custom text the text doesn't show up into the e-mails.
I want to give some instructions in the e-mail to the customer after he bought the product.

See screenshot:

After I create this custom field I made a test order but the custom text doesn't show up in the e-mails.

It must show up in the e-mail only at one product.

Can you please tell me what I'm doing wrong.

Kind regards,
Lumiga

Kind regards,
Lumiga
Attachments:
Last edit: 6 years 4 months ago by Lumiga.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13071
6 years 4 months ago #284686

Hi,

That's normal.
A custom field of the type "custom text" is meant to be displayed on the form where the fields are being displayed.
So for a custom field of the table "product", custom texts will display when you edit the product.
For custom fields of the table "item", custom texts will display on the product page.
You won't be able to display text like that on the products listing in the email of an order.

The email display options there are actually not useful. And even most of the display options there are not useful. The thing is that these options appear and disappear based on the custom field table and not based on the custom field type.

What you should do instead is this:
Create a custom field of the table "product" and of the type "text" and don't force it to a product in particular but configure it to display on the emails.
Then, in the product edition page of that product, enter your text in the custom field.
That way, that custom field data will display on the email notifications for the products where you have some text in that field.

• Thank you received: 22
  • Hikaserial Subscription Hikashop Multisite
6 years 4 months ago #284729

Oké thanks, it's a good idea.

But we have a lot of information so there is no much room left for al the other colomns

Is there also a custom field to show the order information under the products?

Kind regards,
Lumiga
Attachments:

• Thank you received: 13071
6 years 4 months ago #284740

Hi,

Unfortunately no.
That would require some customization of the email via the menu System>Emails by a developer.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Lumiga

Time to create page: 0.093 seconds