Office Based Invoicing

• Thank you received: 1
6 years 1 month ago #289954

-- url of the page with the problem -- : honeysuckleyard.com/
-- HikaShop version -- : 3.8.0
-- Joomla version -- : 5.7
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : Paypal Express.?

Hi Hikashop, we are using the invoicing the clients to process orders.. hopefully larger orders. If you use the Orders and New button the build the invoice and send it to the client they get an invoice that takes them back to the website to login but there is no where there is for the Client to just PAY...

Can this process be constructed to enable the client be able to pay directly when issue with an invoice.?

Kitt
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 747
6 years 1 month ago #289956

kittdrury wrote: Can this process be constructed to enable the client be able to pay directly when issue with an invoice.?

Hi,

Please check the setting of your HikaShop configuration options
1."Payment of orders not paid immediately"
2. "Allow users to print invoices on the front end"

If both are set to "yes", clients will be able to
1. see a "Pay now" button in their order listing and, on click, get to the chosen payment page
2. once the order is paid (= status "confirmed"), print their invoice from the detailed order view

Need help with customisations of layouts, style or other site development? PM me!
(Don't forget to turn on "E-mail notification of new messages" )
The following user(s) said Thank You: nicolas

6 years 1 month ago #290000

HI, Ive set the Order settings as suggested. However, when the client logs in .. they still cant pay the invoice sent out.? what are we doing wrong.? This is critical to the way we need to run the shop... IDEAS please....

Kitt
Attachments:

6 years 1 month ago #290001

Your latest screenshots are (twice) the order detail page.
But what does the order listing (= the page before the detail page) in the frontend (= what the client sees) look like? There should be the mentioned "Pay now" button...

Need help with customisations of layouts, style or other site development? PM me!

6 years 1 month ago #290002

Hi, The client sees, this. There is a Payment method.. but they cant click on it and pay... this is what we need ideally.

Kitt
Attachments:

6 years 1 month ago #290018

Hi,

That's not the order listing, but It's the order detail page you keep posting. There will never be a "Pay now" button.

1. Create a new order. If you do so as customer in the frontend, finish it (so the order is getting created) but do not pay it yet.
2. As customer, logged in to the frontend, go to HikaShop's account cPanel.
3. Click on the "Orders" field.
4. The page you're seeing now is the order listing, and that's where you (the customer) should see the "Pay now" button.

6 years 1 month ago #290025

Hi Thanks for your reply. I think that we misunderstand each other. You have written. 1. Create a new order as a client.?. Thats not the idea.

1. We want to create an order using the backend.
2.Go in to orders.
3.Create new.
4.Send this invoice to the client for paying.

(This may have been an order taken over the phone without the client logging in) We would manually put the items ourselves in the basket and then just email the client to pay the invoice, however, the paypal pay button is inactive and does not take the client to pay)

Can the system do this.?

Kitt

6 years 1 month ago #290028

No misunderstanding, at least to me the thread subject was clear enough. :)

kittdrury wrote: You have written. 1. Create a new order as a client.

Nope. Please read again: I wrote, "1. Create a new order." which, considering your use case, may well happen in the backend, but just in case I continued, "If you do so as customer in the frontend, finish it (so the order is getting created) but do not pay it yet."

This would save the order with status "created" = not yet paid. Apart from invoicing, for the customer to be able to pay, he'll need to log in and go to the mentioned listing of his orders. Provided the config as per my first post here is still the same, he'll see the "Pay now" button in the order listing.

By default, upon (= right after) payment the order status changes to "confirmed" (automatically when paid on-line, manually in backend when paid off-line) and the invoice gets generated. By default, the customer will also receive an email notification on order status change, so he can go to his orders, where the paid order detail page now shows "invoice", eventually allowing the customer to print it.

You can also email an invoice to the customer as PDF attachment by using this plugin . Obviously, then the customer will not need to find/view/print the invoice on the website anymore, though he still could do so as well.

So, yes, the system can do what you want, and you may verify by following the procedure described previously.
Only, by default the invoice is only generated after payment, not before. As per documentation, you'll see so, and be able to change it, in the HikaShop backend under System -> Order statuses. Enabling the invoice there for "created" instead of "confirmed" will make the system what you need, indeed.

6 years 1 month ago #290050

Hi have obviously misunderstood myself and continue to get it wrong. The orders generated from the back end of the shop come out to the client but there is no PAY HERE button visible. Is this something that can be arranged.

Kitt
Attachments:

6 years 1 month ago #290051

Now you're showing here an email and yet another order detail page for a "created" = unpaid order...
As said many times before, nowhere there can you expect the "Pay now" button.
It'll show only on the order listing page. How about a screenshot of that?

I just placed an order on your site, but even after clicking the account activation link I'm unable to log in to finish it. After registering with a different email address (lousyfool@...) and account activation I'm learning that an admin needs to activate my account.

So, more maybe once I can continue on your site.
Feel free to enter an order for my lousyfool@... account in the backend! :)

6 years 1 month ago #290062

I am begining to understand the process.. thanks. Is there a quick way for the client to have a quick pay button, rather than having to go through all of the invoices orders. Thanks

Kitt

• Thank you received: 13069
6 years 1 month ago #290065

Hi,

There is no option for now. That would require editing the file "show" of the view "listing" to add the HTML for such button.
But we'll look at adding that for HikaShop 3.4.1

Time to create page: 0.089 seconds