Missing Download Files in order confirmation email

• Thank you received: 0
5 years 9 months ago #295894

-- url of the page with the problem -- : www.keystroke.ca
-- HikaShop version -- : 3.5
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.8

My customers used to get download links of our product files in the email confirmation and recently they haven't been appearing.

Order status config shows that downloads are enabled with confirmed and shipped.

I've disabled payment notification emails recently, is that even a concern?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1778
5 years 9 months ago #295916

Hello,

Download links should be sent through the "Order status notification" email when the order status is set to a "Downloadable" status that you can set via "Hikashop->System->Order status".

Best regards,
Mohamed Thelji.

5 years 9 months ago #295931

Using default template on for Order status notification. Still getting reports that no links are being downloaded, unless customers are just too blind to notice download links?

Under Customers->Email history it is showing that Order Creation Emails are being sent without link which makes sense because it isn't a confirmed status email.

But last month (June) links were being included based on the email history, guessing someone changed it since.

Also, why aren't confirmed status emails being recorded in this email history?

• Thank you received: 1778
5 years 8 months ago #295940

Hello,

Also, why aren't confirmed status emails being recorded in this email history?

Confirmed status emails which are sent are supposed to be displayed through the email History. setting the filter to "All" or "Order status notification" will probably help you.

5 years 8 months ago #295972

Ok, after filtering it looks like order status emails haven't been sent out since June 20th. Not sure why, I'm trying to get around this by including the download links in the order creation email but it doesn't work. Also, somehow order creation emails include the serial keys to our products even though it's disabled in the config.

• Thank you received: 13071
5 years 8 months ago #295973

Hi,

You need to update to HikaShop 3.5.1. This release was mainly done to fix that bug:

For payment methods calling the modifyOrder function before the order was created the new payment notification email didn't contain the order information.
We've fixed an issue with the creation of the order for payments made with a payment plugin were the payment happens directly on the checkout due to the new payment notification email changes of the 3.5.0.
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/5...ashop-changelog.html

5 years 8 months ago #296055

Our site is still not sending the order status notification emails with the download links after 3.5.1, according to email histories.

And serial keys are still being included in order creation emails even though it is disabled.

5 years 8 months ago #296057

Hi,

Then you have another issue. Probably just a configuration issue.
Please provide a backend access and instructions to see the issue so that we can have a look.
Please provide that via our contact form along with a link to this thread:
www.hikashop.com/support/contact-us.html

5 years 8 months ago #296166

Hi,

We got the access however, you didn't provide any instructions for us to be able to see the issue.
I've checked on your website several orders but I couldn't confirm the two problems you've reported (download link of files missing and serials sent even though no serial configured in the product).
Could you provide precise instructions so that we know which order / product to look at ?

5 years 8 months ago #296238

Should be all the orders, since late June - 26th I believe. Order Status notifications were stopped being sent. Then suddenly Order creation emails had serial links but no download links.

5 years 8 months ago #296253

Hi,

It would have been great if you could provide an example.
Then, let's take an example with the latest order D1K8M05.
In it, as you can see, you have only one product:
monosnap.com/file/Ya8UhSVVm7XYH7F2VqG5zxgHJF75cT
And a serial is attached to the order and no after purchase download link is available, like you describe. However, that's totally normal.
If you look at the settings of that product, you can see this:
monosnap.com/file/XsDIf93afueI6616x0GLpRhntmfWDc
The only file attached to that product is a "free download" and thus the download link is on the product details page on the frontend and there is no download link available to the customer after the purchase. If that's not what you want, then you should edit the file and turn off the "free purchase" setting.
And similarily, you've added a serial pack to the product:
monosnap.com/file/lKLP5WohwVd1RAuG0TGlNqYKISw0HF
So it's normal that a serial is attached to the orders of that product.

So basically, I still don't see what is the problem. HikaShop is only doing what you configured it to do, at least for that order.
I don't see how that could have suddenly changed unless you changed these product settings yourself.

Time to create page: 0.088 seconds