Additional Order Statuses

• Thank you received: 0
5 years 7 months ago #297746

-- url of the page with the problem -- : www.graincapitals.com/tracker
-- HikaShop version -- : 3.5.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.12
-- PHP version -- : 7.2.9
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome

Hi, i have installed hikashop starter on my site ( www.graincapitals.com ); the site is an investment platform which allow investors to invest in grains supply chain.

i would like to add an 'INVESTMENT TRACKER' that would display 4 additional status (order status) in the front end for each user. the status are: ACQUISITION, STORAGE, SALES, PAYMENT(ROI). i thought i could add these additional statuses in hikashop Order_Status table in database and i thought about creating a PHP driven-page on the website called 'TRACKER' that would pull information from the database depending on the status for the user (investor) and we can manually change the status order in Hikashop to display to the user; that way the user can visualize or track their investment stages (ACQUISITION, STORAGE, SALES, PAYMENT(ROI) ).
I am just a fresh startup and am still learning to code; i only build websites in joomla and wordpress; i humbly request your help in adding these additional 4 statuses and in writing the PHP code that i can use to pull info from the database to display in the front page for the user to see; can some one help pls?
- Nasiru

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13069
5 years 7 months ago #297749

Hi,

1. If you want to add new statuses to HikaShop, you don't need to do any coding.
Just add them via the menu System>Order statuses in the backend of HikaShop.

2. If you want to add some data that you pull from the database on your frontpage, I would recommend to develop a Joomla module:
docs.joomla.org/J3.x:Creating_a_simple_m...oping_a_Basic_Module
In the module, you want to run MySQL queries in order to load the data from the database:
docs.joomla.org/Selecting_data_using_JDatabase
Once you have a first version of the module, you can install it on your Joomla and configure it via the Joomla modules manager so that you can configure where to display it on the page, etc.

• Thank you received: 0
5 years 7 months ago #297766

Dear Nicolas,
I thanks alot for your reply and the suggestions, i will certainly try it out and get back to you sir.

- Rhema Nas

Time to create page: 0.059 seconds