Addresses in a foreign language

• Thank you received: 8
  • Hikashop Business
5 years 6 months ago #298851

-- HikaShop version -- : 3.5.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.13
-- PHP version -- : 5.7
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Google Chrome

Hi, For some reason Russian name & addresses have started to appear on the invoice /account in Russian? this has not happened previously. Here in the UK makes this very difficult to translate correctly and even when we print off the invoice the address in just prints off ???????????????

This only seems to be Russian accounts?

Your thoughts please

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13071
5 years 6 months ago #298856

Hi,

The name of the customers in their address has always been displayed based on what they entered in the fields of the address.
When you ship something to Russia to someone with a Russian name, even if you can't read the name, the postman in Russia won't have a problem reading it so it's normal that you allow the customers to write their name as they want. If a Russian person lives in the UK, then I don't see why it would make any sense for him to write his name in Russian since his postman won't be able to read it.
Now if you want people to only enter their name with latin letters, you can use the "regular expression check" setting of the custom fields (menu Display>custom fields) to force them to only use some characters:
stackoverflow.com/questions/20690499/con...haracters-diacritics

Regarding the printing of the address, I guess it depends on what you're doing. On my end, if I enter an address with Russian letters and print an invoice through the interface of HikaShop and I'm not using the PDF invoice plugin, I do get the letters properly displayed in the invoice. With the PDF invoice plugin, I need to select a font which supports Russian letters in the plugin settings.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.046 seconds