• Hikashop Essential
10 months 1 week ago #352749

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.73
-- Joomla version -- : 4.3.2
-- PHP version -- : 7.4
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : chrome

I have a couple of scenarios I want to adjust:

1. Payment not completed
When someone places an order, and they go to paypal and do not complete the order. The EMAIL that goes to the admins there is nothing on the email stating that they order is in PENDING Status

Also, when I go to the Order listing, it is not easy to see the PAYMENT status on the order

2. Payment IS completed
Again is there a DIFFERENT email that is sent to the ADMIN that they payment has been completed, and something easy to see?

3. Payment is completed and order is shipped
Once the order is shipped, what can I do with the order, so the customer and admin receives a notice that the order has been SHIPPED and is completed?

thanks,
Laura

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13083
10 months 1 week ago #352764

Hi,

First, some information on how HikaShop works. HikaShop sends 4 emails for an order:
- the "order creation notification" to the user when the order is created
- the "order admin notification" to the admin when the order is created
- the "order status notification" to the user when the order status is changed automatically from "created" to "confirmed" by a payment method receiving a notification of payment or when you manually change the status of an order and activate the nofitication of the user
- the "payment notification" to the admin when a payment method receives a payment notification. It will even send it when the payment is refused of when there is a problem with the notification so that the admin can check if there is something wrong

These emails can be enabled/disabled in the System>Emails, and if you upgrade to the Business edition, you'll be able to customize them there too.

Now to answer your different points, knowing what I wrote above:

1. The email sent to the admin is the one sent when the order is created. HikaShop doesn't know what will happen with it after that, when the user is redirected to the payment gateway.
And there is no email sent to the admin when an order is cancelled from the payment gateway.
So maybe here, you want to disable the "order admin notification" so that the merchant doesn't get confused.

2. There is. As I said above, after a payment is made for an order, you should receive the "payment notification" email from HikaShop.
Now, if you're not receiving it, check if the order status is changed to "confirmed" after the payment. If not, then you have a payment notification issue. It's quite common with some payment plugins, like the old PayPal payment plugin:
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/i...or.html#notification

3. Normally, when the order is shipped, you want to change the status of the order to "shipped" in the HikaShop backend. When you do, you have a checkbox you can check to notify the user. Check it before saving the order status change and the customer will be notified.

• Thank you received: 2
  • Hikashop Essential
10 months 6 days ago #352806

Thank you again for your responses.

I need to figure out how to make sure that once payment is confirmed... that the status automatically changes to PAID

Here is how I have it setup.

Should I be using a different payment plugin for paypal?

How can I tell if paypal is talking properly to hikashop? FYI, in virtuemart it was 'talking' meaning it would change the status automatically to confirmed, then our admin received an email that it was paid.

I also attached an image of all of the emails, they are all set to published.

Is there anything else you recommend that I do?

thanks,
Laura

Attachments:

• Hikashop Essential
10 months 6 days ago #352814

Also as the CUSTOMER when I get the order at the top it says:

We are pleased to confirm the creation of your order No. C1Z5J72 at gam-anon.org/mm4/ on the 2023-06-29 at 12:52

can i change the language of this, to add more text? Could I change this in the language overrides?

I want to add, if you processed your payment, we are waiting until it is confirmed, then you will receive a 2nd email that payment has been received. If you haven't yet paid, you can pay by clicking on the button at the bottom of this invoice.
If you have questions please call: xxxxxx

thanks
Laura

10 months 6 days ago #352807

Hi,

You have activated the "enable validation mode" setting.
This means that for each payment, you need to log in your PayPal merchant account and validate it so that the payment is accepted. PayPal will only notify the website of the payment after you do that.
So since you apparently want it to be all automated, you want to keep that setting turned off, as it is by default.

Also, you're usign the old PayPal payment plugin. I would recommend switching to the PayPal Checkout payment plugin:
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/4...to-new-paypal-plugin
You can read more about PayPal Checkout here:
www.hikashop.com/home/blog/497-hikashop-4-7-4.html

And yes, you can use translation overrides to change that text.

Last edit: 10 months 6 days ago by nicolas.

• Hikashop Essential
10 months 6 days ago #352819

Ok, i am now using Paypal Checkout.

I put in the all of the keys.

But when I get to the payment page it is blank.

i'm so close!

thank you again for all of your assistance

Attachments:

• Hikashop Essential
10 months 6 days ago #352821

I adjusted settings again, now I get the following error: on payment

Notice: Trying to get property 'user_email' of non-object in /home/customer/www/gam-anon.org/public_html/mm4/plugins/hikashoppayment/paypalcheckout/paypalcheckout.php on line 233

10 months 6 days ago #352822

Hi,

If you open the console of your browser on that page, you can see two errors:
i.imgur.com/jIF5rOq.png
The first one indicates that your browser is not able to download the PayPal JS SDK file. That's the file which displays the payment buttons at the end. The second error is a consequence of the PayPal JS SDK file not being loaded.
If you open the URL of the first error message you get this:
i.imgur.com/G0TzOuo.png
This means that the client ID you entered in your PayPal Checkout payment method is incorrect.
I can see there is a space in the middle of your client ID. I don't think that's normal. Please double check with PayPal that you've entered the correct client ID there.

• Hikashop Essential
10 months 6 days ago #352824

You are a lifesaver! Bingo!

I'm still getting this error though:
Notice: Trying to get property 'user_email' of non-object in /home/customer/www/gam-anon.org/public_html/mm4/plugins/hikashoppayment/paypalcheckout/paypalcheckout.php on line 233

Since Im using guest checkout, I don't see an option for email. I added a custom field, emailaddress, do I need to call it user_email? I don't see that as a valid field.

thanks again,
Laura

• Hikashop Essential
10 months 6 days ago #352825

I have something setup wrong still... so close!

I PAID via paypal
I received confirmation from Paypal that it was paid
The email I got from the order is that it is CANCELLED

Please see the settings that I setup (Cancelled is for invalid), and confirmed is if verified.

I can't thank you enough. This all happened via a J4 migration and we thought we were going to stick with virtuemart, then it wouldn't work, so in a few days I have to get hikashop up and running so we can go live with the site. I really appreciate your assistance in getting me over the hump. I have wanted to switch this client to hika years ago, and they fought back... they don't like change, so now I gave them no choice... but I have to deliver.

thanks,
Laura

Attachments:

10 months 6 days ago #352827

Hi,

First, I would recommend updating to HikaShop 4.7.4. This new version contains many improvments in the PayPal Checkout plugin so it should work better.
Also, if you still have an issue with it after that, please enable the "debug" setting of the payment method and try again to make a payment.
Then, check the "payment log file" setting of the HikaShop configuration. You'll get debug data of the PayPal Checkout payment plugin which should allow us to tell you what to do.

• Hikashop Essential
10 months 5 days ago #352861

I upgraded, but now I'm getting display errors:

Notice: Undefined variable: stock in /home/customer/www/gam-anon.org/public_html/mm4/components/com_hikashop/views/product/tmpl/add_to_cart_ajax.php on line 82

page:
gam-anon.org/mm4/literature-summary/onli.../gam-anon-literature

Also, I want to have the GUEST include their EMAIL ADDRESS, I add the field emailaddress, but I don't see it where I can enter it when filling out the order.

thanks,
Laura

10 months 5 days ago #352865

Hi,

1. We've made a patch for this issue. Download again the install package of the 4.7.4 on our website and install it on yours and it will remove the notice message.

2. You don't need to create a field for the email address.
There is automatically a field displayed by HikaShop when you first reach your checkout:
i.imgur.com/XMFJEhF.png

• Hikashop Essential
10 months 5 days ago #352878

thank you again for your patience!!

Yes that removed the error on the display screen --> PERFECT!

Yes, I see the email address, how do I make it REQUIRED?

When I click on the paypal button, I get 2 popups.
- one popup is a blank white screen that says 'blocked'
- when I close that, then I see the popup to login to my paypal account which works!

Payment Flow:
- When I go to the back end the order status = CANCELLED (even if the payment went through)
- It seeems the 'shipping' isn't working, meaning the shipping address isn't being displayed anywhere, but it was before, do I have to adjust the views?

thanks,
Laura

• Thank you received: 612
10 months 5 days ago #352888

Hello,

"I see the email address, how do I make it REQUIRED?"
You have in your relative custom field an option to set this address custom field as required

For your news question please do not multiply the problem in the same topic, to be effective and that these different topics remain useful to all, respect this method please, namely a problem, a subject.

On the other hand, a piece of advice, for each of your problems, you must provide us with more information to enable us to meet your needs as accurately as possible.

Regards

Last edit: 10 months 5 days ago by Philip.

• Hikashop Essential
10 months 5 days ago #352895

Ok, I will create new tickets with the specific issues with the Paypal Checkout Plugin not working properly.

thank you again for your assistance.

-- LAura

Time to create page: 0.129 seconds