• Hikashop Essential
10 months 10 hours ago #353158

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.7.4
-- Joomla version -- : Latest
-- PHP version -- : 7.4.33
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : All
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : No Error, just problems :-(

Hi,
I'm having an issue with the new PayPal checkout, if I cancel from PayPal, the status stays at created, and I'm not redirected back to the checkout, I'm just dropped back to the PayPal button. Similarly if I complete an order it doesn't update the status to confirmed just stays at created?

Any ideas,
Thanks
Ian

Last edit: 10 months 10 hours ago by ianspeed.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13084
10 months 7 hours ago #353160

Hi,

That's an interesting point. Normally, the plugin will display many payment methods on the end screen.
And so, when you cancel, you can select another payment method from there. So we didn't thought about returning to the checkout.

I think we'll add the code:

<?php
if(!empty($this->payment_params->cancel_url)) {
	?>
		onCancel: function (data) {
			// redirect to cancel URL
			window.location.href = "<?php echo $this->cancel_url; ?>";
		},
	<?php
}
?>
before the line:
createOrder: function(data, actions) {
in the file plugins/hikashoppayment/paypalcheckout/paypalcheckout_end.php
That way, if you provide the URL of your checkout in the "cancel URL" of your PayPal Checkout payment method, you'll be redirected back to it when canceling the payment from PayPal.

Regarding the confirmation of the order, what is the URL you end up after the payment ?

Also, check the "payment log file" setting of the HikaShop configuration. It should contain interesting information about the issue at the end. And if you have the "debug" setting of the payment method on for a test payment, you should even even more information in the payment log.

• Thank you received: 7
  • Hikashop Essential
9 months 3 weeks ago #353328

Hi Nicolas,
Sorry, again I don't seem to be getting notifications of replies? I don't have a spam filter either?
Thank you, the code worked.

I checked the logs, full of previous stuff, so I cleared the log, nothing is being written to the log?

So currently:
Cancel from PayPal: Working, returns to checkout, but still does not change status to cancelled.

Complete Purchase, Status = Confirmed and return goes to home page as requested. (Working)

Thanks
Ian

9 months 3 weeks ago #353330

Hi,

The emails are sent by the forum system. If you don't receive them, then it means they are filtered on your end, or you provided an invalid email address when you registered. The email address you provided is one specific for our website. Maybe you forgot to create the redirection on your end for it ?
Are you receiving our newsletters and other emails like orders ?

The order should be cancelled. Are you able to reproduce the problem ?
I tried to reproduce the issue on your website but I wasn't able to use the PayPal Checkout payment plugin. Could you provide precise instructions to be able to do so ?

• Hikashop Essential
9 months 3 weeks ago #353332

Hi Nicolas,
No filters on my email system, all emails come to me as a catch all. I got this reply email... Very strange.
I did see you had done a test on the live site.
I'm currently live/testing in the Joomla4 subfolder... I'll PM you with the link again.

Thanks
Ian

9 months 3 weeks ago #353336

Hi,

Everything looks fine on the frontend side of things. I can see that the user is first redirected to the standard HikaShop cancel order URL, which should first cancel the order and then redirects to the URL you specified in the payment method.
So if the order is not being cancelled, It's not a problem with the plugin, but an order status configuration issue I think.
Could you provide a screenshot of what you have in the System>Order statuses menu ?

• Hikashop Essential
9 months 3 weeks ago #353339

Hi Nicolas,
Here is the requested Order Status screen.

Thanks
Ian

Attachments:

9 months 3 weeks ago #353340

Hi,

That's the issue. The "created" status needs to be enabled either in the "unpaid" column or in the "cancellable" column (or both).
Since it is disabled in both, the status is not changed to cancelled by HikaShop and it just redirects to the checkout.
Note that by default "created" is enabled under the "unpaid" column.

The following user(s) said Thank You: ianspeed

• Hikashop Essential
9 months 3 weeks ago #353343

Thanks Nicolas,
Not sure how that ever got changed as it wasn't something I ever did anything with? That's why it isn't working in live either, it just stopped one day.
I think the owner of the website was probably fiddling with stuff!!
Thanks again,
Ian

The following user(s) said Thank You: nicolas

Time to create page: 0.082 seconds