New paypal checkout issue

• Thank you received: 2
  • Hikashop Business
8 months 1 week ago #354678

-- url of the page with the problem -- : Www.aroma-massage.it

Hi dear, i have an issue with new paypal checkout.

When i choose paypal method and confirm order, a small page opens where I have to choose whether to pay by card or paypal. I would like to eliminate this step from my site and I would like the customer to choose directly on paypal.

moreover, it happens to me that having confirmed the order but not completed the payment, the product remains in the cart and many users are duplicating the order by mistake.

suggestions?
Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13078
8 months 1 week ago #354688

Hi,

1. It's not possible to eliminate that step. This is how PayPal Checkout works.
If you don't want it and want to revert to how it worked with the old PayPal plugin, the only solution is to use the old PayPal. Note that this old plugin will still work for the foreseeable future and PayPal didn't yet annonce a date for the removal of the API used by it.

2. I'm not sure what you mean. The cart will be cleared once the payment is made and the order is confirmed.
There are two things I can say though:
- in the HikaShop configuration, you have the setting "clear cart when order is", which you can set to "created". That way, the cart will be cleared once the user clicks on the "finish" button. That's actually how it is by default.
- if you have the "enable multiple carts" setting activated in your HikaShop configuration, and you're doing repeated tests, you might end up with several carts for your user account, all of them with the same stuff in it. Then, when the current cart is cleared at the end, HikaShop will automatically load the next cart as the new current cart, and that might lead you to believe that HikaShop didn't clear the cart when in fact it did.

• Hikashop Business
8 months 1 week ago #354693

meanwhile thanks for the reply, I set it to "when the order is created"..

but since now with this paypal an extra step is created (which is problematic on my site given the presence of other menus that block the easy view on mobile) I would like to force the checkout on the cart page, currently if I click on check out the procedure is linked to the page I was visiting (e.g. if I am on mysite.it/body/tonic.html the checkout will develop into mysite.it/body/tonic/checkout) which prevents me from deselecting the menus that give me bother about the checkout page..

I hope I'm understandable.

• Thank you received: 13078
8 months 6 days ago #354697

Hi,

Yes. The best I think is to create a menu item of the type "HikaShop Checkout" and then select that menu item in the "Force menu on checkout" setting of the HikaShop configuration.
That way, you can control what module is displayed on the checkout (with the "menu assignment" setting of the modules) and make sure your users get a proper checkout experience.

• Hikashop Business
8 months 6 days ago #354711

yes, I also think it's the best thing to do.. I'll try.. in the meantime, thanks

Time to create page: 0.068 seconds