Allow user group to change order status

• Thank you received: 4
  • Hikaauction Standard Hikamarket Multivendor Hikashop Business
6 months 1 week ago #355973

Hi there,

I want to create a platform where sellers are only paid when the buyer collects or receives the item they have ordered, and to do this, I have created a new order status called "Collected."

I have set this to be the confirmed order status, but I wanted to double check a couple of things.

1) Where do I set up which order status will trigger payment to the seller? I need to change it from the current Confirmed as confirmed to Collected as confirmed.
2) How do I enable customers (buyers) to change order statuses on the frontend. Do they just do it from their dashboard, and do I simply allow that in the permissions / access settings on Hikashop/Hikamarket?

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13079
6 months 1 week ago #355977

Hi,

1. Payment to the seller is normally not done based on the status of the order. The payment is usually done by you opening the vendor page and clicking the "pay" button in the backend of HikaMarket.
Another alternative is that the payment directly goes from the buyer to the seller. In that case, this happens at the exact moment the customer pays for his order. There is no mechanism to delay this.
For example, with the Stripe connect payment plugin, it's possible for the seller to automatically receive his split of the money on the total amount of the order. The Stripe connect API doesn't have any option as far as I know to delay this and trigger the payment at a later stage.

2. The status of an order can only be changed in the backend. And potentially, you can allow vendors to do it on their orders. However, there is no mechanism to allow customers to change the status of their order themselves.

• Thank you received: 4
  • Hikaauction Standard Hikamarket Multivendor Hikashop Business
6 months 1 week ago #355996

Hi again,

Okay, I understand that.

What if I don't use the payment system to pay vendors at all, and set vendors up as affiliates instead, and then put a delay on payments? So the store would get paid, and then their affiliate payment (which is whatever they get less the commission I take for the sale) is processed three days later or whatever?

Can it work like that?

Regards,

Tamara

Last edit: 6 months 1 week ago by DogPeople.

• Thank you received: 13079
6 months 1 week ago #355997

Hi,

Similarly to vendor fees, affiliate fees are also processed manually in the backend of HikaShop.
There is no automated system for that. Many payment gateways don't support batch payments like these and when they do, it's a separate API which requires a plugin to be developed specifically for that API.
So regardless of how you handle it in HikaShop, if you want to automate it, it will require the development of a custom plugin, and it will also suppose that the payment gateway you want to use supports that capability in the first place.

Time to create page: 0.110 seconds