Checkout suddenly stopped working

• Thank you received: 2
  • Hikashop Essential
6 months 1 week ago #356061

-- url of the page with the problem -- : www.beeswaxcandleshop.com/store/beeswax-...ax-tapers-pairs.html
-- HikaShop version -- : 5.0.0
-- Joomla version -- : 4.3.4
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : We are sorry!
Gantry 5 provides a custom error page for you to configure with either positions, particles or a combination of both, as well as styling.
www.beeswaxcandleshop.com/cart.html

Suddenly my checkout and shopPing cart no longer work - all I remember doing is adding new coupon and also looking for the word guest in the languages area. the page goes to a 404 type error page - turned debug on - but did not help -Store display works fine but no checkout :( :( :( :( ---BIG PROBLEM - HELP

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13079
6 months 1 week ago #356069

Hi,

I went through your whole checkout and didn't see any error.
Are you able to reproduce it on another computer ?
Please explain how to reproduce the problem.

• Thank you received: 2
  • Hikashop Essential
6 months 1 week ago #356090

This is what I think may be happening - a few days ago I was trying out using login on our site. It did not workout and you recommended not using it - good solution. "hika- problematic" is an image of the set up

A few days later I noticed a problem with the check out. Something was doing something to my browsers - I tried firefox, chrome and edge. Clearing cache on site, server and browser made it work again.
"hika-working" image is the setup I have now -seems ok except:

When I try a new order using email This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. (my email and superuser email) I get the "hika-login-2" error

I use another email address, everything works. I have login set to "no" but it acts like it is still there. Is this the issue?

Other things that could interfere:
I am using PHP version, 8.0.30 - old - whenever I try to upgrade, the site breaks - I think I have issues left over from my old joomla3 install - I am working on cleaning it up but still cannot upgrade php yet. (any hints)

Attachments:

• Thank you received: 13079
6 months 1 week ago #356094

Hi,

You simply must have created a Joomla user account for that email address.
Delete the user account via the Joomla user manager and you'll be able to checkout as a guest with this email address.

Time to create page: 0.081 seconds