PayPal and IPN Notification

• Thank you received: 0
10 years 4 weeks ago #152830

-- url of the page with the problem -- : www.bjscripts.com/home/index.php/my-test-page
-- HikaShop version -- : HikaShop Business: 2.3.0
-- Joomla version -- : 2.5
-- PHP version -- : 5.4.27
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Google Chrome 34.0.1847.116 m
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : Error_message

Hello,

I am having trouble with HikaShop using PayPal as my payment type and having it activate the ipn.php file on my website.

I have created a username/password for you to login to the front end.
Username: HikaShop
Password: password

When I add an item to my cart through HikaShop, checkout, and pay through PayPal I receive emails from my website and PayPal telling me that the order has been created, the order has been confirmed and payment has been received. The problem is that in my ipn.php file I have it doing some database entries. It wasn't doing this so I added a test email to be sent. I am not receiving this email, which means that the ipn.php file isn't being called.

To rule out a problem on PayPal's site, I created a cart button through their website and repeated the same steps as above. I received their confirmation of payment and my test email, which means that the ipn.php file is being called.

What information do you need to track down why HikaShop isn't triggering the ipn.php file?

Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13102
10 years 4 weeks ago #152839

Hi,

Why would HikaShop trigger your ipn.php file ?
HikaShop PayPal plugin is coded to automatically confirm your HikaShop orders when receiving the IPN from PayPal to the notification URL of the PayPal plugin of HikaShop.
If you want to add custom processing when the order is confirmed by HikaShop during the IPN from PayPal, you should create a HikaShop plugin implementing the onAfterOrderUpdate trigger of HikaShop and adding your code in there.
www.hikashop.com/support/support/documen...r-documentation.html

• Thank you received: 0
10 years 4 weeks ago #152866

Hi nicolas,

So you are saying that HikaShop sends the payment information to PayPal, PayPal sends the IPN information back to HikaShop? When I don't use HikaShop I have my IPN link with PayPal set to a file named ipn.php that does all of my stuff. I assumed that once a payment had been triggered with PayPal that PayPal would send the information to the link I told it to, but if I understand you correctly, PayPal is actually sending the IPN info to HikaShop because it's the program that initiated the transaction?

Thanks.

• Thank you received: 13102
10 years 4 weeks ago #152875

Hi,

That's indeed the case.

Time to create page: 0.060 seconds