Pay with PayPal wihtout creating a Paypal account.

• Thank you received: 0
9 years 5 months ago #179353

-- url of the page with the problem -- : www.pvsunsetpartycruise.com/book-now/pro...t-and-wild-tour.html
-- HikaShop version -- : 1409241754
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3.6

Thank you for the time taken to reply.

I browsed all information and could not find a direct answer to my question. I have the PayPal express plug in activated and filled with all necessary info and the regular Paypal plug in activated as well.

How can I set the system up so the buyers do not have to create a Paypal account in order to buy?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13069
9 years 5 months ago #179374

Hi,

This is not something you can change in HikaShop.

You need to have your PayPal merchant account to be a Business account and then you should see a link to pay without creating a PayPal account on the PayPal payment page.
In any case, I would recommend to contact PayPal support for help on that.

9 years 5 months ago #181237

Thank you! Sorry about the late reply.

I finally upgraded to a PayPal Business account but I still have the same problem.

They said the shopping cart on the website isn't set up to receive the credit cards with out having to open a Pay pal account.

NOTE: The setting for "optional to create an account" is ON. That should take care of it on the PayPal side right?

Thank you very much for your help.

• Thank you received: 13069
9 years 4 months ago #181242

That's a funny one since, as far as I know there is no option in our PayPal plugin to choose to receive credit cards or not via PayPal (and I don't know of any parameter of their API to send that choice to PayPal, but if they know one, we'll be happy to add an option for it) and we actually use the plugin on our own website (with basically the default settings) and it's working fine...
I would recommend to insist on their end to know what they mean by "the shopping cart on the website isn't set up to receive the credit cards with out having to open a Pay pal account" since I don't know of such setting.

9 years 4 months ago #181539

Thank you very much for your valuable help.

For future reference: After upgrading to a business account the problem was with the "cookies" in the browser, that is why I kept seeing the old checkout setting. Once I did the process in a private/no cookie window it worked fine and people are able to purchase without creating a PayPal account.

Once again, thank you.

Time to create page: 0.052 seconds