Can we control eWay invoice numbers?

• Thank you received: 0
8 years 8 months ago #210078

-- url of the page with the problem -- : j3.sag.org.au
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.5.0
-- Joomla version -- : 2.5.28
-- PHP version -- : 5.4.43

My client uses the Hikashop eWay Australia payment plugin and it is working effectively.

However the invoice reference number that appears on the eWay communications and statements is completely different to the order/invoice numbers set in Hikashop, making it difficult to reconcile.

Are we able to pass through the Hikashop order/invoice number and have this used by eWay?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
8 years 8 months ago #210124

Hi,

Unfortunately it's not possible.
The eWay gateway ask for an invoice number before the payment, so before the creation of the order ; so the plugin generate a unique code for the platform.
If we change the plugin to call the eWay gateway after the order creation in HikaShop ; if the user enter a wrong card number, he couldn't be redirect to the checkout workflow, he will have to create a new order or to go in his order listing and finish an unfinished order (if that option is activated in your website).

And because that is not very friendly for the customer ; we prefer to stay this way.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

8 years 8 months ago #210143

Thanks for the explanation.

I don't suppose we can reverse it then and use part or all of the eWay ref in the Hikashop invoice/order number?

David

• Thank you received: 4004
8 years 8 months ago #210151

Hi,

That's right, the reverse is not recommended in order to not break the invoice numeration.
The only thing I can see is to create an order custom field, only visible in the backend (and backend listing) and to modify the eWay plugin in order to store the sent invoice ID into that custom field just before the order is created in the database.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

8 years 8 months ago #210350

You should probably not assume I understand all the restrictions you are referring to...

But do I take it that it would be possible to set up a custom field that displays only in the backend that could capture the eWay reference number or some part thereof to faciliate reconciliation between eWay and Hikashop?

David

• Thank you received: 13071
8 years 8 months ago #210352

Hi,

Yes, it would be possible with some modifications of the code of the eWay payment plugin.

Time to create page: 0.072 seconds