Square API setup

• Thank you received: 0
7 years 9 months ago #246139

-- HikaShop version -- : 2.6.3

Square has a new API feature, giving it the ability to integrate with e-commerce platforms such as hikashop. Here's a link about it on their site: squareup.com/developers

I am working with a client who really wants square integration. I can imagine this becoming a heavily sought out integration in the future. I noticed another forum that mentioned this with a reply that it had been added to your to do list. Have you begun working on this integration? Could you provide any sort of estimate or time-frame for when you think an integration for payments through Square would be released? Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
7 years 9 months ago #246142

Hi,

Since the last message, we have more than 65 payment methods in our TODO list.
www.hikashop.com/forum/payment-methods/880787-square.html
And as you could see in the changelog, we did not release a lot of payment plugins in the past releases (2 plugins)
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/5...ashop-changelog.html
Like Xavier wrote, we have a lot of plugins in our list and we can't implement them all and we have plugins with an higher priority than square.
For example, for me, I put an higher priority on adaptive payment plugin which are compatible with HikaMarket multi-vendor. And the rest of the HikaShop team will put an higher priority on plugins which are very popular or asked by a lot of customers.
That's mostly why Xavier recommend in the other thread to contact an HikaShop partner to accelerate the implementation.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

• Thank you received: 6
  • Hikaserial Subscription Hikashop Business
7 years 6 months ago #253525

Jerome,

Any movement on a Square payment plugin? I now have two clients and one prospect that use Square. They are not interested in going with another payment processor.

• Thank you received: 4004
7 years 5 months ago #253532

Hi,

Since the last message, we have more than 70 payment methods in our TODO list.
www.hikashop.com/forum/payment-methods/880787-square.html
And as you could see in the changelog, we did not release a lot of payment plugins in the past releases
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/5...ashop-changelog.html
Like Xavier wrote, we have a lot of plugins in our list and we can't implement them all and we have tasks with an higher priority than the square payment plugin ; like a lot of features and great improvements for HikaShop 3.
That's mostly why Xavier recommend in the other thread to contact an HikaShop partner to accelerate the implementation.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

• Thank you received: 94
7 years 5 months ago #253608

Quick question on the topic of payment plugins. For payment methods that have been moved to GitHub and are no longer being included in the HikaShop package, will the HikaShop team still be supporting them and keeping them current? Or are they being moved to GitHub so the code is available to the public, but they won't be maintained from that point on, officially?

Want to be sure we understand the future and support status of any plugins removed from the install package. :)

~ Deb Cinkus, CEO

Polished Geek: more with monday․com
eCommerce Business Process Automation Experts

• Thank you received: 6
  • Hikaserial Subscription Hikashop Business
7 years 5 months ago #253627

Jerome,

I understand the limited time for expanding payment solutions but want to offer this tidbit about Square as it is exploding worldwide. They are now processing over $10b quarterly and is projected to exceed $100b annually in less than two years. This is no small processor and their focus is small businesses. I live in a town of about 5k and we already have 6 businesses that are using square including 2 of my clients that want to use it for eCommerce. Three of those were previously using PayPal. That is what is happening in one small town in Alabama, USA.

Food for thought.

Luke

• Thank you received: 13069
7 years 5 months ago #253610

Hi,

They are still maintained, for now at least. Of course, we accept patches from anyone (if the patches are correct of course).

• Thank you received: 0
7 years 2 months ago #262759

I'll put my hand up for inclusion of Square too. I really don't want to have to move to Woocommerce.

• Thank you received: 13069
7 years 2 months ago #262770

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback.
If you really need such plugin in the short term, note that you can have it developed by any PHP developer. We provide a developer documentation for them to be able to developer such plugin:
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/6...r-documentation.html

Time to create page: 0.113 seconds