MIGS MD5 to SHA Hash

• Thank you received: 0
7 years 6 months ago #252988

We are receiving below advise from MasterCard that MD5 is not supported soon. Is there plan to update MIGS payment to support SHA?

Please be advised, effective 30th November 2016, the use of MD5 algorithms will no longer be accepted by the MasterCard Payment Gateway. Merchants currently using MD5 algorithms will need to upgrade to SHA256 algorithms to avoid interruption to service after this point.

In line with industry best practices, we have taken this decision in order to maintain appropriate levels of safety, security and integrity for you and your merchant customers.

As you will be aware, we are currently accepting SHA256 algorithms widely across the MasterCard Payment Gateway and we are committed to ensuring you can smoothly transition any of your merchant customers who are still using MD5 algorithms by the 30th November 2016 deadline to avoid any possible business impact.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13071
7 years 6 months ago #253038

Hi,

Here is a modified version of the MIGS payment plugin which should support SHA256:

File Attachment:

File Name: migsvpc.zip
File Size:6 KB

You can install it via the Joomla plugins manager in order to update your plugin. Please let us know how it goes so that we can include it in the next release of HikaShop.

Attachments:
Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by nicolas.

7 years 6 months ago #253356

After update the new version of migsvpc, the MIGS payment method disappear from front end. Please help to check out the problem. This is the ftp and joomla information.

7 years 6 months ago #253377

Hi,

Thanks. Here is a new version of the plugin which will fix that:

File Attachment:

File Name: migsvpc_20...0-24.zip
File Size:6 KB

Attachments:
Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by nicolas.

7 years 5 months ago #255259

Hi,

I am wondering if anyone has this update MIGS gateway working?

I am having issues with updating things to use SHA256 and not sure if the problem is with the gateway code or something else that is going on with the connection with the CBA.

Terry

7 years 5 months ago #255665

Hi,

The plugin is working as far as we know. What error do you have ?
Please provide more details.

7 years 5 months ago #255675

Hi,

It is all working now and the gateway code was not the cause so happy to say it is works as expected.

Thanks,
Terry

7 years 5 months ago #256039

Hi,

I have an application which is built in perl and uses MIGS payment gateway for its online payment.
We used MD5 algorithm for its transaction but now it is getting changed to SHA.
So i have changed the algorithm in perl to use SHA but still it is not getting redirected to MIGS payment gateway.
I have got the below error after upgrading to SHA

HTTP Status - 400

E5000: Cannot form a matching secure hash based on the merchant's request using either of the two merchant's secrets.

Any help regarding this will be helpful for me.
Thanks in advance.

7 years 4 months ago #256539

Hi,

Please understand that this is a support forum for HikaShop. We can't help if you have your own integration solution with MIGS as either it comes from wrong information you're using in your integration (and you should check that with MIGS support) or from the integration itself which has a bug.

Time to create page: 0.091 seconds