Hikashop Checkout steps reloads on click of next step

• Thank you received: 1
4 months 1 week ago #357877

-- HikaShop version -- : 2.6.0
-- Joomla version -- : x
-- PHP version -- : x

Hi,

I am aware I am using old version of hikashop business and need to upgrade. however, I still want to ask question on a issue. During checkout I have noticed many a times that we see the same "step" screen reloaded when we click the "Next" button in checkout. For example,when I am in payment method step and select paypal and click "next" then same step will be reloaded with payment method selected as "Paypal". Now on clicking next I will be able to move to the next step.

This adds an unpleasant user experience as user needs to click the next step twice on same step. This happens for shipping method too. I have seen somewhere in the hikashop forum mentioned this as a limitation as some caching is required but I am not able to find that forum. So can you please guide me if this was a limitation in the version 2.6.0 ?

Is this a limitation in current version too ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13085
4 months 1 week ago #357878

Hi,

I remember there was a setting "Auto submit shipping and payment methods selection" under the Checkout tab of the HikaShop configuration. So make sure this setting is activated and it might help.

With HikaShop 3, we made a complete redesign of the checkout system so that these kind of issues could not happen.
So updating will definitely help prevent this issue.

Last edit: 4 months 1 week ago by nicolas.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.056 seconds