Being able to buy products only with "points" in closed to public site

• Thank you received: 0
  • Hikashop Business
3 months 6 days ago #358448

Hi all, I need some clarifications before buying Hikashop Business, because I am going to develop a project that needs specific things. I have read documentation, forum and studied the demo, still need to be sure that I will be able to do what I need.

I try to be as clear and as short possible.

1. The site will be a sort of "company intranet", it will be on a hosting provider with a domain name but not open to public.
2. There will be around 600 registered users and only authorizer users can register and login.
3. The site will be Joomla + Hikashop + custom PHP script (in synch with an ERP) to handle user's specific tasks.
4. The custom PHP will assign "points" to each single username. So what I need is that I can assign points to each username with PHP script (for example, updating a MySql table).
5. The user can access to Hikashop products and will be able to order products only by spending points. The user will be able to visualize own points and use them as "money" to buy products.
6. There will be no money payments from the user, the checkout will only work with points, if the user has no points, will not be able to buy anything.

I would like to know if that is possible, I think it should be, but I need to be sure before investing money and time on that.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13071
3 months 6 days ago #358449

Hi,

Yes, this will be no problem.

• Hikashop Business
3 months 5 days ago #358483

nicolas wrote: Hi,
Yes, this will be no problem.

Hi, thank you for your answer. One last clarification about the above point n.4:

"So what I need is that I can assign points to each username with PHP script (for example, updating a MySql table)."

Do you confirm that I will be able to update user points programmatically by an external PHP/MySql query? I mean not by entering the points manually in the Joomla backend, but with PHP/MySql automated script.

Sorry for pointing that out but I need to be 100% sure because this is a very crucial part of the project, so I can go on with the project design.

Thanks in advance.

Last edit: 3 months 5 days ago by maurop.

• Thank you received: 13071
3 months 4 days ago #358495

Hi,

Yes, I confirm that this will be no problem.
The user points system uses a user_points column in the hikashop_user table in the database. So you can easily update that value with a MySQL query without going through HikaShop.

• Hikashop Business
3 months 4 hours ago #358622

That is great! Thanks a lot for the information.
I will proceed the next days with the project.

Time to create page: 0.061 seconds